Home

Disabled list broken?

This is a discussion on Disabled list broken? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-11-2009, 01:36 AM   #1
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10
Disabled list broken?

OK, is this a major bug/oversight, or am I missing something?

I had two guys get injured in one day. One minor leaguer and one major leaguer. I moved them both to the disabled list, with the minor league player going to the 15 day DL and the major league player going to the 60 day DL (with a broken arm after getting hit in the head, but that's another post for another day).

But by all appearances and execution, it seems that both players are still counting against their team's roster limit, and the man on the 60 day DL is still counting against the 40 man roster.

I tried to sign a free agent to fill the role on my MLB team, but the game says my roster is full even though I only have 24 active players (the roster breakdown still says 25, even though one is on the DL). Then I tried to bring up my next best option, but it says my 40 man roster is full, and the injured player can't be removed since he's injured, even though someone on the 60 day DL isn't supposed to count against the 40 man roster.

So please tell me I'm missing something, because as it is right now franchise is nearly unplayable if you have anyone get injured.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2009, 01:41 AM   #2
Rookie

JahCreations's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Disabled list broken?

same here I have 3 guys on the 60 day dl and 2 on the 15 and my minor league teams are taking a beating because of it. I swear last year you could sign another player if you had someone on the 60 day dl.. I would also like to know how to fix this..
Old 03-11-2009, 01:43 AM   #3
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

The 15 day DL will still count against the roster limit ... but the 60 day should not. Lets hope they know about this, and a fix is in notion ... do you guys have the recent 1.01 patch by chance?
Old 03-11-2009, 01:45 AM   #4
MVP

Azamien's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
The 15 day DL will still count against the roster limit ... but the 60 day should not. If there is a way to get this repeatable we can see if it wasn't a fluke glitch or not.
The 15 day doesn't count against the 25 man roster, or else the entire reason for having a disabled list is null.

The problem is that the 15 day in The Show counting against the 25 man, and the 60 day is counting against both the 25 man and the 40 man. At the moment, at least in my franchise, that makes both lists completely worthless.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:45 AM   #5
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
OK, is this a major bug/oversight, or am I missing something?

I had two guys get injured in one day. One minor leaguer and one major leaguer. I moved them both to the disabled list, with the minor league player going to the 15 day DL and the major league player going to the 60 day DL (with a broken arm after getting hit in the head, but that's another post for another day).

But by all appearances and execution, it seems that both players are still counting against their team's roster limit, and the man on the 60 day DL is still counting against the 40 man roster.

I tried to sign a free agent to fill the role on my MLB team, but the game says my roster is full even though I only have 24 active players (the roster breakdown still says 25, even though one is on the DL). Then I tried to bring up my next best option, but it says my 40 man roster is full, and the injured player can't be removed since he's injured, even though someone on the 60 day DL isn't supposed to count against the 40 man roster.

So please tell me I'm missing something, because as it is right now franchise is nearly unplayable if you have anyone get injured.

You are right it seems...
I just tried it.
I'm sending this one directly to SCEA....

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2009, 01:46 AM   #6
MVP

Azamien's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

You are right it seems...
I just tried it.
I'm sending this one directly to SCEA....

M.K.
Knight165
Ugh.

Thanks Knight.

I guess I'll stick to RTTS until next patch, because there's no real way to continue my franchise as it stands. Oh well. At least RTTS is fun.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:46 AM   #7
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by JahCreations
same here I have 3 guys on the 60 day dl and 2 on the 15 and my minor league teams are taking a beating because of it. I swear last year you could sign another player if you had someone on the 60 day dl.. I would also like to know how to fix this..
You could...for sure.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-11-2009, 01:47 AM   #8
Rookie

JahCreations's Arena

OVR: 2

seriously how could this be missed in testing.. its a huge factor of Franchise mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »