Home

Worth Buying A PS3 For

This is a discussion on Worth Buying A PS3 For within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-08-2009, 10:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Worth Buying A PS3 For

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not. but I am reg 360 guy and this game has gotten my interest. is it worth buying a PS3 just to be able to play this game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2009, 10:07 PM   #2
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Worth Buying A PS3 For

pretty much.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:53 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGiant99
Not sure if this has been posted yet or not.
LMAO

Understatement of the YEAR.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:59 PM   #4
Pro

Doran's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Not sure if this has been posted yet or not. but I am reg 360 guy and this game has gotten my interest. is it worth buying a PS3 just to be able to play this game...
Sort of. I bought my PS3 for MGS4 few weeks before it came out, but I got MLB 08 at the same time as the PS3. I consider MGS4 the better game, but I ended up playing MLB 08 more because, well, it had endless replay value.

MLB 09 is better than 08 in almost every way, especially graphics, so if I played 08 more, I think I'm going to be playing 09 for a long time.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:14 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

i traded my 360 in for a ps3 the day this came out...and i am very happy with my decision....i couldnt take playin that crap that 2k sports kept coming out with every year....idk how u can have such a good basketball game and then come out with such a bad baseball game...it blows my mind...the built in wifi is a major plus also..

but anyway this game is amazing so i think its def worth getting a ps3 4...first game iv been happy with since mvp 05
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2009, 11:15 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

OK Here are some reason you should buy a PS3

1) Blu-Ray - We've only seen the tip of the iceberg trust me they're talking about 100 to 250 GB discs in the near future most games or movies don't even use the 25 or 50 GB avalaible now

2) Hard Drive is easily upgradeable as well as adding external hard drives- I have 60 GB model i upgraded to 160 Gb, I'm getting a 250 GB external hard Drive for backup and more movies, Speaking of movies Divx on PS3 is 100x better than regular DVD video

3) Its been a little slow out the gate, but the games are coming around for the PS3, and there are some nice exclusives MGS4, Killzone 2, did I mention "MLB 09 The Show"

4) Speaking of the Show, it is simply amazing there is nothing better on Next Gen, MVP baseball will always hold a please in Video game Baseball, as well as Hight Heat, but "The Show' takes your breath away and just think the PS3 has at least 10 yr lifespan, we're in year 2, you are guarenteed 4 to 5 more years before another console from Sony hits the market . . .

The question you should be asking is are youself is are willing to miss out on 4 to 5 more years of "The Show"
Old 03-08-2009, 11:34 PM   #7
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

Any baseball fan who can afford $320 and has a nice HDTV is a complete lamer if they don't buy it.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:35 PM   #8
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
The answer to that question is, do you have the money to blow on a PS3? Do you play online alot? If so, I think you will be disappointed comparing PSN to Live. If you don't play online, then I think the choice could be alittle easier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »