Home

Why no WBC in this game?

This is a discussion on Why no WBC in this game? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-07-2009, 03:31 PM   #1
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
Why no WBC in this game?

I wonder why no attempt to put WBC in?

As a baseball fan, I feel like the WNC is now an important part of the game. The Show could have it where a player can accept the invite to the WBC or go to spring training. I know a lot of people could "care less" but that has nothing to do with this topic. The fact is that this is a part of the game and baseball is taking it seriously.

I hope that this can become a part of the franchise mode as an occurence that happens every 4 years, complete with in-game trophies/recognition for WBC acheivements.

Also it should be a seperate game mode, and not just put in the game ev' four years. It should be in the Show 2010. (Just like in NBA Live they have a game mode for tourney against other teams around the world.)

SCEA thanks for making a great game and please put this in to further complete the real-world baseball experience you guys have created thus far.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)

Last edited by inkcil; 03-07-2009 at 03:35 PM. Reason: more to type
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2009, 03:38 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Why no WBC in this game?

Would you give the developers a break? They were working very hard just to get everything that was in the game in there. Would you rather of had them take time away from improving the gameplay or implenting the new lighting to put in a glorified exhibition tournament?

The WBC is not an important part of baseball, it is glorified exhibition games.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 03-07-2009, 04:06 PM   #3
All Star

inkcil's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Would you give the developers a break? They were working very hard just to get everything that was in the game in there. Would you rather of had them take time away from improving the gameplay or implenting the new lighting to put in a glorified exhibition tournament?

The WBC is not an important part of baseball, it is glorified exhibition games.
Would u give me a break? The developers don't need u to defend them. They are grown men. I would rather have u take time away from responding to this thread in order for u to go somewhere else.

The developers take a lot of time to come here and consider our ideas and suggestions. The suggestion/request for WBC to be added into the game would make the game better. I also clamored a few years ago (along with others) for custom soundtracks and better lighting in the game and additional gameplay modes (i.e. practice mode). Which of those do u think took away from them working on gameplay? Or do u see that they have added those things AND the gameplay has improved.

Now Playing:

Old 03-07-2009, 04:07 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

99% sure 2K got the rights to the WBC
Old 03-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #5
All Star

inkcil's Arena

Oh, that would explain alot. Hopefully those right run out real soon, if correct. Maybe they only have 3rd party rights?

Now Playing:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2009, 04:15 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Would u give me a break? The developers don't need u to defend them. They are grown men. I would rather have u take time away from responding to this thread in order for u to go somewhere else.

The developers take a lot of time to come here and consider our ideas and suggestions. The suggestion/request for WBC to be added into the game would make the game better. I also clamored a few years ago (along with others) for custom soundtracks and better lighting in the game and additional gameplay modes (i.e. practice mode). Which of those do u think took away from them working on gameplay? Or do u see that they have added those things AND the gameplay has improved.
Listen buddy, you asked why the developers didn't make an attempt to add the WBC into the game. I gave you a reason, there was more important things that needed to addressed in a limited amount of time. You asked it in manner that may it sound how could they not even attempt to put it in the game.

Obviously we both know now that they couldn't do it even they wanted to but don't act like you speak for every baseball fan out there when you say how important the WBC is.

I don't see how the opinion that I would rather have them working on other things than adding in a new game mode that not everybody would play is irrelevant.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 03-07-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:27 PM   #7
YNWA

Gizmo's Arena

OVR: 26

Adding the WBC to the game wouldn't make a difference and I probably wouldn't play it. It's similar to NBA Live having the FIBA Championship and I don't think I've ever played a single Intl. game. The game itself is already fantastic and adding something like that would take away a lot from the game.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:31 PM   #8
All Star

inkcil's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Listen buddy, you asked why the developers didn't make an attempt to add the WBC into the game. I gave you that reason, there was more important things that needed to addressed in a limited amount of time. You asked it in manner that may it sound how could they not even attempt to put it in the game.
Go back and re-read the post, but take off your "anti-WSB" glasses first. U'll see that I compliment the developer and "wonder" why it is not in this year and creatively suggest ways for getting in future installments. U were being over-agressive towards me, and then when I defend myself u want me to "listen buddy." U need to calm down. Nothing in my post had anything to do with ur feelings about whether or not the WBC is a glorified exhibition.

Now Playing:

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »