Home

MLB 09, System killer?

This is a discussion on MLB 09, System killer? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2009, 09:20 PM   #1
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27
MLB 09, System killer?

I was playing my franchise earlier then I noticed Matty V. and co. stopped talking...So I thought it was just a simple error right...When I chose exit after the game, it took me to the loading screen, and I noticed the loading bar wasn't loading at all...I pressed the PS button and nothing happened...So i hate to hit power to restart my system. When my ps3 restarted, I got a ps3 error 800010514 (could not read disk or something). I tried other games and no dice...

Anyone know how to fix this issue? Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2009, 09:22 PM   #2
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: MLB 09, System killer?

Oh, not good. Try leaving your system unplugged for a long time, then retry it. You can't even get to any screen without a game in?
Old 03-05-2009, 09:24 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

unfortunately, its a common error with the ps3. You need to call Sony.

Sucks man... sorry
Old 03-05-2009, 09:27 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I was playing earlier and had the system just shut off. The red light was blinking so I pressed the power button to turn the system completely off and then turned it back on to get my game out. It was on for about 15secs before it turned off again(didn't eject my disc), so I turned it back on, got my disc out and the system stayed on for about 2 mintues before I turned it off.

Later this evening, fired it back up, have checked the store and all and the system seems to be normal. I looked in the manual and it seems that the system got hot on the inside, which is why the red light was flashing. Not sure why it went off, unless its designed to do that.

But to the OP, I would contact Sony.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-05-2009, 09:37 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

heard that problem from some friends a while back--sounds like a problem with your system, not the game.

get that checked out so you can get back into the game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2009, 09:39 PM   #6
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

Just called sony...since my factory warranty expired in January, I have to pay $150 for them to fix it! My warranty also expired at gamestop! So, I'm screwed!

I'm re-formatting my HDD right now hopefully it works...if not I am definitely F*CKED!
Old 03-05-2009, 09:41 PM   #7
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
Oh, not good. Try leaving your system unplugged for a long time, then retry it. You can't even get to any screen without a game in?
I'll do that...the system turns on and the home/desktop/ or what ever you call it shows up, but once you popped in a game it gives you an error.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:42 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

This sounds very similar to an issue I had with my first PS3, and well as you can probably tell by the term "first PS3" it did not end well. The whole thing was totally shot. Luckily it was 3 days after I bought it so Sony sent me a new one. Hope this isn't the case for you and it starts working again, but figured I'd let you know I have seen this before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »