Home

Why is L3 the mic "on/off"??

This is a discussion on Why is L3 the mic "on/off"?? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-03-2009, 10:58 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
Why is L3 the mic "on/off"??

This makes absolutely NO SENSE AT ALL. First off, not having the mic indicator to let you know whether your on or off is pretty ridiculous being that this is the show's THIRD year on PS3. Second, doesn't common sense factor in at all when making the left stick (L3), which we all use constantly while batting, pitching, and fielding, the toggle for the mic on/off?? I mean really..... there couldn't be a worse place to put it.

Russell, can't you guys patch this to add an indicator, and move the toggle off the L3 to a more reasonable place?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Why is L3 the mic "on/off"??

I absolutely cannot believe they did not fix this. I guess since online gameplay is unplayable once again, this was not a concern to them to change.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:12 PM   #3
Banned

Wanted to bump this because its very aggrivating. Just wanted to know from one of the developers why this is the case.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #4
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDRZA
Wanted to bump this because its very aggrivating. Just wanted to know from one of the developers why this is the case.
#1 We do not "bump" threads at OS. If your thread gets attention from other posters, it will stay up on it's own.

#2 I don't click in the left stick at all when using the controller. It's not something all users have an issue with.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 03-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #5
Pro

steez3's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDRZA
This makes absolutely NO SENSE AT ALL. First off, not having the mic indicator to let you know whether your on or off is pretty ridiculous being that this is the show's THIRD year on PS3. Second, doesn't common sense factor in at all when making the left stick (L3), which we all use constantly while batting, pitching, and fielding, the toggle for the mic on/off?? I mean really..... there couldn't be a worse place to put it.

Russell, can't you guys patch this to add an indicator, and move the toggle off the L3 to a more reasonable place?
totally agree with you dude...never understood the placement on the L stick and never understood why you would need to turn on/off the mic..Maybe its just because im a 360 gamer and never seen this before in a game on the 360. dont understand why its treated like a walkie-talkie with the whole clicking thing....Isnt that what the MUTE button is for on the headsets???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2009, 11:45 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
#1 We do not "bump" threads at OS. If your thread gets attention from other posters, it will stay up on it's own.

#2 I don't click in the left stick at all when using the controller. It's not something all users have an issue with.

Sorry Mr. Millenium, won't "bump" anymore threads, since "we" don't do that here. Also, just because you don't click in the left stick, at all, when playing doesn't mean it isn't a problem.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:54 AM   #7
Pro

steez3's Arena

OVR: 11

Just played my first online game with one of my friends and this mic issue is sooo bad....Unless you never press the L stick when batting to check your timing or where your plate coverage is, then this is a problem. Me and my buddy constantly went back n forth with the open mics because of the clicking L stick to check our swing. It still would be bad with some kind of notification to let you know when your mic is on or off but atleast it would be tolerable.

It may not be a issue for gamers who play online or in leagues without people they actually know in real life and dont really care if they can speak to the other person, but when your playing a good friend half of the fun is talking to your buddy while playing the game and doin a lil trash talking or sharing the WOW WHAT A PLAY moment and for me thats just lost with the clicking on/off mic thing.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:02 PM   #8
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I always tend to accidently click the L3 when playing games, just because I press buttons so hard. I really wish there was an indicator.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »