Home

What's so great about button mashing in The Blow 09??

This is a discussion on What's so great about button mashing in The Blow 09?? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon4 What's so great about button mashing in The Blow 09??

My cousin has MLB 08 The Show.I played it the game sucks compared to MLB 2K8.I couldn't go back to the button controls after playing innovative controls on 2K8.Button mashing in baseball is the thing of the past.You need the skills to get the controls down if you don't have it, then you're aren't talented enough to play it.Until SCEA Sports proves that they can come up with a better innovative control layout than 2K9's in which I doubt it will blow The Show out of the water for the next few years.To me, The Show 08 doesn't feel like your part of the game unlike 2K does.So, the Show will blow like always.2K9 will have the better controls,franchise mode,sig styles,graphics, online play, better experience, inside edge scouting reports and progressive lighting.I'll give it a 9 or close to it more like an 8.75 when it hits store shelves the 3rd.This series is heading in the right direction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2009, 11:34 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: What's so great about button mashing in The Blow 09??

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelsRock02
My cousin has MLB 08 The Show.I played it the game sucks compared to MLB 2K8.I couldn't go back to the button controls after playing innovative controls on 2K8.Button mashing in baseball is the thing of the past.You need the skills to get the controls down if you don't have it, then you're aren't talented enough to play it.Until SCEA Sports proves that they can come up with a better innovative control layout than 2K9's in which I doubt it will blow The Show out of the water for the next few years.To me, The Show 08 doesn't feel like your part of the game unlike 2K does.So, the Show will blow like always.2K9 will have the better controls,franchise mode,sig styles,graphics, online play, better experience, inside edge scouting reports and progressive lighting.I'll give it a 9 or close to it more like an 8.75 when it hits store shelves the 3rd.This series is heading in the right direction.
WTF are you kidding me??????????
Old 03-01-2009, 11:35 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

have fun with your 360

your just jealous
Old 03-01-2009, 11:39 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightnreyes
have fun with your 360

your just jealous
NO, I'm not jealous.The Show is stupid.The Show is only for teenagers.I'm hardcore baseball fan I don't need button mashing.You're just afraid of change from something last-gen to next gen.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:44 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 7

wow. The Show is the most realistic baseball game ever. It's got everything down from the stances, the stadiums, the lighting, the accesories. It's got fun modes like Road to The Show and a franchise mode that actually works and plays good. It's graphics blow 2k9 out of the water. And even though the controls aren't innovative, they work a hell of a lot better than 2k's controls.
And, 2k doesn't have nearly as much signature styles now, and their not as accurate either anymore. The 2k9 graphics are horrid, espicially on ps3 where it looks like a ps2 where the show looks real life, and the show doesn't have players with white arms and brown faces like 2k. Plus 2k is filled with bugs while the show is not. And, you say the show is for teenagers, while the community's most active members on this forums are adults out of their 20's who know way more baseball than you do.

Last edited by RedbirdFan18; 03-01-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2009, 11:46 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelsRock02
NO, I'm not jealous.The Show is stupid.The Show is only for teenagers.I'm hardcore baseball fan I don't need button mashing.You're just afraid of change from something last-gen to next gen.
rofl, "the show is only for teenagers" What logical sense does that make? It's as if someone who played the SHOW as a teenager eventually evolves into a higher, more intelligent being that recognizes the greatness of 2K9.

P.S. I bet you, yourself are a teenager... and if you're not, you use very poor grammar for someone who has supposedly graduated from high school.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:49 AM   #7
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

This is another pointless thread. If the OP would have said anything constructive I might have left it open.

Twitch Stream
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »