Home

Baserunning is Still my Achilles Heel

This is a discussion on Baserunning is Still my Achilles Heel within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-13-2008, 06:33 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Controlling individual runners at the same time in The Show 08 is a pain using the New system. It is one thing to hit the run all button, but when you want to tell one guy to go and one guy to stay, it gets overly complicated and unintuitive.

MVP 05 PC had it down great. They used the D-Pad to tell your runner to go to the next base or pre-load him to take an extra base or two. You would select which runner you wanted to give a command to with the diamond shaped face buttons, so it was very intuitive. I could control multiple runners very easy without having any issues.

I never heard any complaints either about this system. You still had your shoulder buttons to run all or go back all, but being able to choose a runner on first quickly with a face button and then press the left D-pad to tell him to go from 1B to 3B on a single, and then while he is doing that on his own, switching to the batter to see if you can go to 2B if the throw goes to 3B.

It just worked and was very intuitive for normal right brained thinking people. We need this option in future baseball games. I would love it if Sony would do a patch to put this in the current The Show 08.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »