Home

Sportscast Manager is broken :(

This is a discussion on Sportscast Manager is broken :( within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-10-2008, 08:51 AM   #1
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7
Sportscast Manager is broken :(

This is my first year with The Show and I'm pretty happy with it thus far. However I usually like to play one game per series and manage the others using Sportscast Manager. Unfortunately, there are too many problems with it. The biggest problem is that you cannot tell handedness for ANY hitters or pitchers - I've gone through all of the options and it's just not there - makes it hard to truly manage your team.

In addition there are some other gameplay problems. Many times during the game, a hitter will get 3 straight balls. I'd have to say that about 90% of the time with a 3-0 count, the hitter swings at the fourth pitch. Now I know that this happens in real life, but no where near the % of times it happens in Sportscast. I've even seen hitters trying to BUNT on a 3-0 count, without no one on base! Speaking of bunting, the game will not let you bunt a runner over to third. No matter who fields the ball, the runner stays put at second. I've 'managed' about 40 games with the Tribe and have yet to see it work yet. Another thing I've seen a bunch of times is a runner on third not scoring on a double play. Very frustrating to not get that run in AND get two outs. Finally, there have been many times where a man at 2nd doesn't score on a double. Tonight I was playing the Yankees and Sizemore held at 3rd on a double by Cabrera to RIGHT field. Again, I know it happens in real life, but not very often, and mostly with slooow runners at 2nd.

Anyway, sorry about the vent. Looks like I'll have to sim the games that I don't play
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2009, 10:17 PM   #2
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Sportscast Manager is broken :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by srudoff
This is my first year with The Show and I'm pretty happy with it thus far. However I usually like to play one game per series and manage the others using Sportscast Manager. Unfortunately, there are too many problems with it. The biggest problem is that you cannot tell handedness for ANY hitters or pitchers - I've gone through all of the options and it's just not there - makes it hard to truly manage your team.

In addition there are some other gameplay problems. Many times during the game, a hitter will get 3 straight balls. I'd have to say that about 90% of the time with a 3-0 count, the hitter swings at the fourth pitch. Now I know that this happens in real life, but no where near the % of times it happens in Sportscast. I've even seen hitters trying to BUNT on a 3-0 count, without no one on base! Speaking of bunting, the game will not let you bunt a runner over to third. No matter who fields the ball, the runner stays put at second. I've 'managed' about 40 games with the Tribe and have yet to see it work yet. Another thing I've seen a bunch of times is a runner on third not scoring on a double play. Very frustrating to not get that run in AND get two outs. Finally, there have been many times where a man at 2nd doesn't score on a double. Tonight I was playing the Yankees and Sizemore held at 3rd on a double by Cabrera to RIGHT field. Again, I know it happens in real life, but not very often, and mostly with slooow runners at 2nd.

Anyway, sorry about the vent. Looks like I'll have to sim the games that I don't play
Yeah, the whole not being able to bunt runners to third is a killer. I like playing with NL teams too, so no double switch really sucks too.

That being said, I still use it because I don't have enough control over a straight sim and manager mode takes too long. They should really work on Sportscast Manager next year because it has the potential to be really good for those of us who can't play every game, but want total control.

Sorry, just realized this was an old thread. But I think all this still applies.

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 05-12-2009 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Noticed I replied to a really old post.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:16 PM   #3
Rookie

acer0ckolla's Arena

OVR: 3

My one major complaint was I felt I was seeing way too many strike outs. But they are probably on average with how they actually are. Gonna try and pay more attention to that.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:19 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

SCM has always been broken. SCEA never fixed it.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:24 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Imagine if they could get an OOTP type presentation for SCM. Manage the games you don't have time to play in 15 minutes or so, That would be awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 12:02 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

I agree this needs work. I'm playing the same way as the OP where I play one and Sportscast Manage 2 games in a series. I'd like to see double switches and more stats available when making pitching changes or pinch hitting. The take sign would be nice, too. I've also seen a lot of guys swinging 3-0.

Maybe a "one-pitch" mode would be a nice alternative in manage only mode.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:08 PM   #7
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Imagine if they could get an OOTP type presentation for SCM. Manage the games you don't have time to play in 15 minutes or so, That would be awesome.
Amen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »