Home

Stamina for Pitchers

This is a discussion on Stamina for Pitchers within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Stamina for Pitchers

Haven't decided if I think 1 or 2 is the best stamina setting for starting pitchers. Actually it seems like somewhere in between would probably be about right. What do you guys think? The default setting of 5 is waaaay to high. I haven't done much trial and error on the relief pitchers yet, any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2010, 05:02 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Stamina for Pitchers

I set it down to 4 for both user and cpu and I think its just right... I can still go 100+ pitches with the guys that should be able to (unless I get shelled w/ runs) and the guys with less that stellar stamina are hurting or losing accuracy by around 70-80 pitches... makes for more realism imo.

NBA- Lakers
NFL- Cowboys
MLB- Yankees/Mariners
NCAA- Texas Longhorns

Old 03-10-2010, 05:20 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 13

You have to realize that in season or franchise play, you need to up starter stamina because if a pitcher throws a normal start pitch count wise, he will not be at full energy for his next start.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #4
Rookie

Wow, it must play out much differently than when simming. When I fast forward to later innings, say 6th or 7th, I having pitchers throwing around 70 pitches with half their energy remaining. With the exception of CC, and maybe Halladay, they aren't too many guys that throw 130+ pitches.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:32 PM   #5
Rookie

Hmmm, I am going to be playing some fairly long Rivalry series
so I am going to want my pitchers to be able to go with a 5 man rotation and be fully rested, but then again, I want to be able to get into my opponents bullpen without having to see a 120+ pitches from every one of their starters..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 11

Default seems to work for me so far.
100 pitches still leaves some in the tank, and since it is pitch count and not actual stamina that makes managers use the hook at the magic centennial mark, I think a pitcher should be able to throw 120 pitches before getting gassed.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:29 PM   #7
MVP

chuckm1961's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK_Livin22
Hmmm, I am going to be playing some fairly long Rivalry series
so I am going to want my pitchers to be able to go with a 5 man rotation and be fully rested, but then again, I want to be able to get into my opponents bullpen without having to see a 120+ pitches from every one of their starters..
In 09, I noticed that the Energy Level of pitchers was way, way, way different when I actually pitched versus when I simmed.

For example, I would throw 100 pitches with Joe Blow and see Stamina at almost nothing. Then I would sim his pitching another day, and he'd be at 120 pitches in the 7th inning with half his Stamina still left!

I use Classic pitching.... maybe I was holding the button too long and tiring out my pitchers?
Old 03-11-2010, 04:15 PM   #8
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

I have CPU stamina at 0 for starters and relievers. It works for me. Top guys are still pitching into the 7th and 8th innings. It has to be 0 for me because I cant get the pitch count up high enough to chase them

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »