Home

Every Single Player Rating in Excel

This is a discussion on Every Single Player Rating in Excel within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-16-2014, 08:06 AM   #1
Rookie

saturn2187's Arena

OVR: 0
Every Single Player Rating in Excel

Hi everyone,

My goal is to carry over my online franchise from one year to the next, even though it is not going to be offered by SCEA. In order to do this, I will need to enter every single player rating into a spreadsheet. Come the offseason, I will take another look at the ratings and edit the spreadsheet as necessary.

I will then edit the OSFM roster file to reflect all changes, and carry it into the following season.

The initial setup will be most time consuming -- but it only takes about 30-40 seconds per player to enter their details onto this chart. New, drafted players will need to manually added later.

I think having a spreadsheet like this would come in handy for everyone, as it could be used for easier scouting, player evaluation, trades, drafts, etc. The 'filter' tool will come in especially handy as you look for players meeting several criteria.

Have a look at what I've done so far -- it's just a start --- but it's an open Google document and anyone is free to help.
For now, I will just be inputting the SCEA roster players, but when OSFM comes out, I will start adding them in as well.

Of course, if all this information is easily accessible elsewhere , please point that out to me and save me a ton of work. (Like maybe a way to export a roster file to excel?)

Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Wc&usp=sharing

Last edited by saturn2187; 04-16-2014 at 08:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2014, 10:31 AM   #2
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Every Single Player Rating in Excel

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn2187
Hi everyone,

My goal is to carry over my online franchise from one year to the next, even though it is not going to be offered by SCEA. In order to do this, I will need to enter every single player rating into a spreadsheet. Come the offseason, I will take another look at the ratings and edit the spreadsheet as necessary.

I will then edit the OSFM roster file to reflect all changes, and carry it into the following season.

The initial setup will be most time consuming -- but it only takes about 30-40 seconds per player to enter their details onto this chart. New, drafted players will need to manually added later.

I think having a spreadsheet like this would come in handy for everyone, as it could be used for easier scouting, player evaluation, trades, drafts, etc. The 'filter' tool will come in especially handy as you look for players meeting several criteria.

Have a look at what I've done so far -- it's just a start --- but it's an open Google document and anyone is free to help.
For now, I will just be inputting the SCEA roster players, but when OSFM comes out, I will start adding them in as well.

Of course, if all this information is easily accessible elsewhere , please point that out to me and save me a ton of work. (Like maybe a way to export a roster file to excel?)

Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Wc&usp=sharing
This is a GREAT idea.
I do something similar but with stats...
But that would be specific to MY franchise.
This would be helpful for ALL.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-16-2014, 10:33 AM   #3
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Are those columns sortable?
That's going to be key for guys to search for specific things.
I know the original creator can sort them....but what about others?

Thanks.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-16-2014, 10:42 AM   #4
Rookie

saturn2187's Arena

Good Question --
I can't access Google Docs from my work computer so I can't test that

However, I believe one could just export this file into Excel and play with it there.

I'll have to test this theory tonight.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:02 PM   #5
Rookie

saturn2187's Arena

From what I'm reading online, Google may have taken away the ability for users to do a direct export to Excel. So, when the entire file is complete I will manually carry the info over to Excel and set up the file to allow filters, sorting, etc.

Then I will post it in this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2014, 03:17 PM   #6
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn2187
From what I'm reading online, Google may have taken away the ability for users to do a direct export to Excel. So, when the entire file is complete I will manually carry the info over to Excel and set up the file to allow filters, sorting, etc.

Then I will post it in this thread.
That would be phenomenal.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-16-2014, 05:07 PM   #7
Rookie

aliashecman's Arena

OVR: 1

Brilliant.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:19 PM   #8
Rookie

aldogabd's Arena

OVR: 3

i am down to insert some data once it gets going, if it helps the cause. i'm not good at CAPs or anything to help with the great OSFM efforts but I can read/write so this has my name all over it! lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »