Home

Old 04-04-2013, 10:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Salaries

Why are player salaries so woefully inaccurate in The Show? It's bugged me for years and I just don't understand why it's never be fixed or addressed. Is there anyway to correct them in roster editor?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #2
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Salaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheObserver
Why are player salaries so woefully inaccurate in The Show? It's bugged me for years and I just don't understand why it's never be fixed or addressed. Is there anyway to correct them in roster editor?
SCEA cannot use real salaries...they can't use anything resembling real salaries...they cannot even truly scale salaries.
They've pushed it a few times with certain players.

This one is on the MLB and the MLBPA.

You cannot edit salaries either(restricted by those two organizations as well...just like editing real MLB players is)

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #3
Rookie

That is the most bizarre restriction I've ever heard. What's the reasoning behind it?
Old 04-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #4
Pro

tbbucsfan001's Arena

OVR: 13

2K bought licensing, I think
Old 04-04-2013, 11:32 PM   #5
MVP

devilsjaw's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbbucsfan001
2K bought licensing, I think
Does 2K have correct salaries?

I'd like to see them be somewhat realistic in a sense, though i.e.: ARod being highest paid. I understand that they can't though. Hopefully the financial stuff gets a small overhaul on next years version!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2013, 02:02 AM   #6
Rookie

ptbnl's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheObserver
That is the most bizarre restriction I've ever heard. What's the reasoning behind it?
Basically, the Union (MLBPA) doesn't want the salaries out there as public as a game. They feel it's advertised too greatly then, and reflects poorly on them.

In fact, I don't even think that the salary is referred to as dollars in the game, just a number -- units if you will (at least that's how it's been in some baseball games).

Since the MLBPA has agreed to allow player likenesses in the game, they have a say in what is included in the games and how it's represented. Otherwise, they'd pull the license.

For instance, no player in your game will ever be suspended for violating the PED rules. Another one of those "reflecting poorly on the players" situations.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:59 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptbnl
Basically, the Union (MLBPA) doesn't want the salaries out there as public as a game. They feel it's advertised too greatly then, and reflects poorly on them.

In fact, I don't even think that the salary is referred to as dollars in the game, just a number -- units if you will (at least that's how it's been in some baseball games).

Since the MLBPA has agreed to allow player likenesses in the game, they have a say in what is included in the games and how it's represented. Otherwise, they'd pull the license.

For instance, no player in your game will ever be suspended for violating the PED rules. Another one of those "reflecting poorly on the players" situations.
But all the salary information is freely available online AND big contracts are constantly reported in the news. If the MLBPA really thinks that suppressing salary information will somehow reflect better on the game, they're even dumber than I thought.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:09 AM   #8
RPM
Rookie

OVR: 1

^^
How dumb did you already think they were? I can assure you, they're not. They have managed to avoid a salary cap, strict testing (for some time), non-guaranteed monies, etc.

I'd take em on my side.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »