Home

Halara's OSFM V3 Franchise Files

This is a discussion on Halara's OSFM V3 Franchise Files within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
Rookie

Halara's Arena

OVR: 1
Halara's OSFM V3 Franchise Files

Many thanks to Knight165, TheRunandShoot, JimboSlice, seanjeezy, authentic, and the many people that contributed their time to creating the various awesome OSFM roster sets! Additional thanks to HustlinOwl and the folks in his franchise file thread as I found the information I needed to post the franchise file online through those guys. Thanks!

UPDATE:05/14/2012
I've created a second franchise file. What this has that the other doesn't is this...
1. CPU Trading is enabled (you can choose how you want to set this via profiles, in the original franchise file you could not)

2. Force trades is turned off.

3. Ignore budgets is turned off.

4. Injuries were made based on actual return times if the player has already been activated from the DL or estimated return times. Keep in mind that the game only allows me to injure players in set time periods. For example I cannot injure someone between 71 days and 127 days so in cases like these I flipped coin and the player either has a shorter or longer injury than they're expected to have.

The game also has a 5 player cap per team on injuries. Boston, New York (AL) and Tampa were all at capacity. In those cases I injured the 5 players with the top overall rating rather than basing it on injury time. You can change the injuries when you start your franchise if you want to do it differently.

Anyhow, injuries are more realistic than in the original franchise file because that file is intended for people playing with 30 team control that plan to closely follow all real life transactions.

This new file was made so people that want to play with the CPU taking over transactions can do that without being able to push through easy trades and what not. You can still manually injure players (or not, there's an option in the General section of the profiles to turn on auto injuries if that's your style) in this franchise file and the options on how you want your team or the teams you don't intend on playing to work can all be handled through the profiles. Personally I'll be playing with two profiles, one for my team and one for everyone else. Each profile will have injuries set to manual. My profile will have all Mode Settings set to manual. The other teams will have all Mode Settings set to Auto.

So where's this file, right? It can be found here.

UPDATE: 05/06/2012

I've completed the franchise file and it can be download at the following location...
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gdjvnh

To use the file:
1. If you don't have it already download the OSFMv3 Rosters from the Vault.
2. Download the file PS3.zip from the link above
3. Unzip the file which will create a directory called "PS3"
4. Copy the unzipped PS3 directory to a USB flash drive.
5. Put USB into your PS3
6. From the XMB go to GAME/SAVED DATA UTILITY PS3 section and hit X on the USB drive and then triangle to copy.

As is this franchise file is set to use a single profile using 30 team control. It starts on opening day with 40-Man rosters, injuries, DL assignments, rotations and L/R lineups set.

If you only want to control one team you can create a second profile and set that up so that everything is set to auto (or however much you want to be automated for those teams). Then you would associate the new profile with all the teams other than the one you want to control.

If you want to keep current with injury and transactions that happen as they've happened in real life you can do that by following the list out in the 2012 Transaction / Injury / DL Edits thread. Which I'll be updating this evening.
========================================

*Injuries
I injure players well over their expected return date so that the injury doesn't expire before the player is actually available to play. That also limits the accuracy of the injury type a bit since there are only so man 70+ day injuries available to choose from, but I try to get it close. When you remove an injury from a player in the game the transaction log shows that they came off the DL on that day. So to get accurate return times from the DL it's necessary to do it this way.

Last edited by Halara; 05-14-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Halara's OSFM V3 Franchise Files

Sounds good. Very much looking forward to starting a franchise with this file once I get my sounds in order.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

WHHHAAAATTT?!?!?! I don't see what I asked for!!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:23 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Would it be possible to get another franchise file without anyone on the DL and in there correct affiliates. And have it up-to-date with byrd on the red sox, damon on the indians, and inge on the A's....and all of those transactions? It's not a big deal, just thought I would ask if it would be possible for you to do. Thanks!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:10 PM   #5
Rookie

ebarws6's Arena

OVR: 9

Well you're up breaux! The file is a 25-man file right now so you'll have that to work around. Good luck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2012, 01:30 AM   #6
Rookie

Halara's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebarws6
Well you're up breaux! The file is a 25-man file right now so you'll have that to work around. Good luck.
Thanks man! I've been working on it since about 10 minutes after it went up. I'm currently on the last day of spring training entering injuries, DL assignments.

Here's what's left.
- Finish last day injuries/DLs - DONE

- Edit player positions so that required limits are met, mostly CP in which case I look at minor league rosters and pick the players with the most saves. - DONE

- Verify the 25 man rosters for each team (I found a couple of mistakes and want to make sure they're all accurate) - (a little tricky with the japanese games for Seattle and Oakland since they were allowed to bring 30 players for those games but did the best I could with those) - DONE

- Set pitching rotations and bullpens - DONE

- Set opening day lineups and L/R Splits

- Advance to regular season.

- Add the remaining players to the 40-Man rosters

Last edited by Halara; 05-04-2012 at 03:35 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:38 AM   #7
Rookie

Halara's Arena

Well, I tried really hard to get a franchise file out for tonight. Unfortunately I couldn't quite get it all done but I'm tracking much faster than being a week out like I'd originally thought it may take. It's really probably only a couple hours out and then figuring out how to get the file somewhere that it can be downloaded. However, it's 2:30AM here and I have to work tomorrow so I can't keep working on it. I'm out of town for the weekend so the soonest this will be available for download online is sometime after 10PM Sunday evening.

Have a good weekend everyone, I wish I was able to leave a franchise file to play with over the weekend but just ran out of time.

- Hal
Old 05-04-2012, 03:43 AM   #8
Rookie

Halara's Arena

Well that's annoying. Advancing to the regular season resets rotations/bullpens for 4 man rotations. Fortunately there are only a couple of teams that started the season with a 4 man rotation so I should be able to easily fix it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »