Home

Bedwardsroy19 Classic Roster for MLB the Show '12

This is a discussion on Bedwardsroy19 Classic Roster for MLB the Show '12 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #1
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37
Bedwardsroy19 Classic Roster for MLB the Show '12

Hey guys!

Here is a spreadsheet detailing who will be in the first roster set being created!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ENSLWdlLW1YWHc

Special thanks to pjsnell10, juicer420, and RegPat75 for their offer to help!

Just wanted to get your guys' opinion on what type of Classic roster you guys would like to see from me in this years game.

In the past I created a Full MLB 1998 Season for MLB '11 the Show, as well as coordinated/created an All-Time Classic roster featuring each franchise's best team.

I also created the top downloaded Roster for NBA 2K12 with my Rookie update, as well as my Ultimate Roster series and an All-Time Classic Roster featuring each franchise's best 15 players of all time (no repeats).

I am really excited to get to work on some projects for MLB the Show '12. I have a few ideas, and have already gotten some feedback from some people behind the scenes, but I wanted to get a thread going to get some more opinion going.

Here are my ideas thus far:

1) All-Time MVP Roster

I have been toying around with the idea of creating an MVP type roster. That may be confusing to understand what I mean, so let me try to explain.

I saw this link: Greatest Season Ever, and thought it would be a ton of fun to play a season in which every team is lead by a player who had the best individual season in team history, to see who is the MVP of all MVP's and put the team on his back all the way to a championship.

2) Another Single Season of Baseball History

Feedback still coming in on which particular year. Have heard a lot of excitement over the '69 Season as well as the '95 Season.

Another idea I kind of thought, was I know that there is a '96 season and '87 season planned for '12 the show. If I did a season such as '92, we all may be able to create nearly ten full season of baseball using each others player CAP's to get as many full seasons as possible (havent talked to the others yet, just compiling my thoughts)

3) Another All-Time Classic Roster.

Maybe this time, not allow repeats? Still toying around with ideas.

Please guys, make suggestions and I will add them to the idea list. The more feedback I get and the more excitement generated, the more I will driven to keep editing and creating rosters for this game! I know Knight is doing another historic roster this year, so maybe if we are lucky we could make MLB The Show '12 a game that we don't want to put down for years, with amazing roster sets!

All feedback is welcome, let me know what kind of rosters you want to see, and what sound the most fun to play with!

-Bedwardsroy19

Last edited by bedwardsroy19; 03-11-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Bedwardsroy19 Classic Roster for MLB the Show '12

Im from Seattle so Im partial to the magical 95 season. Griffey, Bone, Edgar, Randy, Tino, & A-Rod!

But I have always kind of liked the best teams in history from each organization as well.

I dont think you could go wrong either way! But chalk my vote down for 95!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
Rookie

NIteMarE-'s Arena

OVR: 0

I would go option 1. Sounds awesome!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

I created a roster for MLB THESHOW 11 and downloaded and created the top 75 players all time for each team and I'd love to see a similar version for MLB THESHOW 12. I used the player's WAR values to determine who would be on the MLB, AAA, and AA teams and the results were freaking awesome.

I played a few seasons worth using the Minnesota Twins and had more fun with this game and roster than any other video game by far. Playing with Kent Hrbek, Justin Morneau, Rod Carew, Roy Smalley, Joe Cronin, Zoilo Versalles, Harmon Killebrew, Joe Mauer, Earl Battey, Goose Gonslin, Bob Allison, Kirby Pucket, Cesar Tovar, Tony Oliva, Tom Brunansky, Sam Rice, Walter Johnson, Bert Blyleven, Jim Kaat, Mudcat Grant, Frank Viola, Firpo Marberry, Joe Nathan, Al Worthington and Johan Santana all on the same team was unbelievable.

What was even more fun was playing against other franchise's greatest players ever. Imagine playing a three game set against the greatest Yankees of all time? A four game series against the Detroit Tiger's all time greats at the end of a season to determine the central division winner? A playoff series against the greatest A's of all time? A seven game series against the Dodgers in the World Series? It was the coolest what if scenario I could imagine in a video game.

I vote to create a greatest players of all time for each franchise.

Last edited by hoser; 03-05-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

I very much enjoyed your and PJ's last historical roster (franchise best roster).......so that's my preference. I'm a Pirates fan and have setup an attribute/trait template to convert the '61, '79,'90 Pirates for the 2012 game. Maybe if we get enough interest, we can have a fan from each team to convert your 2011 set to the show 2012. Kind of like the OSFM set. No need to re-rate or anything, just convert your rosters to the 2012 game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #6
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37

I think its kind of funny (and awesome) that the first four responses all are pulling for each of the four different ideas I was tossing around.

That figures! Love the suggestions so far guys, keep 'em coming
Old 03-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser
I created a roster for MLB THESHOW 11 and downloaded and created the top 75 players all time for each team and I'd love to see a similar version for MLB THESHOW 12. I used the player's WAR values to determine who would be on the MLB, AAA, and AA teams and the results were freaking awesome.

I played a few seasons worth using the Minnesota Twins and had more fun with this game and roster than any other video game by far. Playing with Kent Hrbek, Justin Morneau, Rod Carew, Roy Smalley, Joe Cronin, Zoilo Versalles, Harmon Killebrew, Joe Mauer, Earl Battey, Goose Gonslin, Bob Allison, Kirby Pucket, Cesar Tovar, Tony Oliva, Tom Brunansky, Sam Rice, Walter Johnson, Bert Blyleven, Jim Kaat, Mudcat Grant, Frank Viola, Firpo Marberry, Joe Nathan, Al Worthington and Johan Santana all on the same team was unbelievable.

What was even more fun was playing against other franchise's greatest players ever. Imagine playing a three game set against the greatest Yankees of all time? A four game series against the Detroit Tiger's all time greats at the end of a season to determine the central division winner? A playoff series against the greatest A's of all time? A seven game series against the Dodgers in the World Series? It was the coolest what if scenario I could imagine in a video game.

I vote to create a greatest players of all time for each franchise.
This! I would love to see a roster with the all time greats of every team. Wouldn't mind at all if players were duplicated as well. I vote this!
Old 03-05-2012, 11:19 PM   #8
Pro

pjsnell10's Arena

OVR: 8

Well put me down for a "Top 25 players from each teams history roster". I'd like to see a roster with each of the players rated to their best year, with no repeats (no Reggie Jackson on Oakland and New York etc). There were a few of those flying around last year, but none of them had "mind blowing" detail. I've been toying with that idea the last couple of years.

I'm about 110 games into my season using that last roster I put into the vault (mainly 80's and 90's teams), and am having a great time with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »