Home

All-Time Franchise's Best Year Roster V.1

This is a discussion on All-Time Franchise's Best Year Roster V.1 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-16-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37
All-Time Franchise's Best Year Roster V.1

Finally after countless hours of work from many different members of the OS community, Version 1 of the OS All-Time Franchise's Best Year Roster has dropped!

Roster Name: O.S. AllTimeClassic V.1
PSN: Bedwardsroy19

Original Post:

Quote:
Hey guys,

I noticed in the forum the idea of making a roster that would include each franchises "best ever team". I like the idea so now I am coordinating the making of a roster in which that will be done. (I know I am in the middle of a full 1998 roster but I should be able to balance the two with relative ease, although my priorities initially will lie with the completion of the 98 rosters).

Alright guys. Here is the final list of what each team will be on the Major League level.

If there is more than one year next to a team the first year listed will be the MLB level team. If there are multiple years it is because there will be those extra teams on the roster as well, I will personally make the extra teams and place them in the minors or if there are any teams that somebody wants on the roster I can include them as well. I have no problem making as many teams as people desire. Hopefully this list is good for you guys!

UNCLAIMED, CLAIMED/LESS THAN HALFWAY DONE, MORE THAN HALFWAY DONE, COMPLETED

Progress on Rosters

The link below can be used to add a stance or delivery to a player on one of those teams. All you would have to do is go find the players in the game and see what SCEA gave them for their delivery and then type it on this spreadsheet for me.

I gave edit access on this spreadsheet to ANYONE, so if anybody out there can help out just type it in on the sheet!

Stances And Deliveries: All-Time Classic Roster

For now I only put down the '08 Rays and the '10 Rays (click the '10 Rays tab on the bottom of the spreadsheet to access that sheet). If somebody lets me know that they are interested in helping I will add more tabs to the spread sheet with more teams, just to make this process go a little more quickly.

I hope for this to be a community project and that people will sign up for teams (but if it doesn't work out like that I have no problem creating the teams).

If people want to start signing up for teams I will send each of you a spreadsheet of exactly what players should be made and how to make the attributes for them just to help out the process so our roster work all matches up.

Bedwardsroy19

Now what you guys can expect from here on out is a total of four versions of this roster.

Version 1 released on 8/16 includes an entirely completed MLB consisting of the following teams:

1966 Baltimore Orioles
1946 Boston Red Sox
1927 New York Yankees
2008 Tampa Bay Rays
1993 Toronto Blue Jays
1919 Chicago White Sox
1948 Cleveland Indians
1968 Detroit Tigers
1977 Kansas City Royals
1924 Washington Senators (Minnesota Twins)
2002 Anaheim Angels
1931 Oakland Athletics
1997 Seattle Mariners
2010 Texas Rangers
1957 Milwaukee Braves (Atlanta Braves)
2003 Florida Marlins
1994 Montreal Expos (Washington Nationals)
1986 New York Mets
1980 Philadelphia Phillies
1929 Chicago Cubs
1975 Cincinnati Reds
2004 Houston Astros
1982 Milwaukee Brewers
1979 Pittsburgh Pirates
1985 St. Louis Cardinals
2001 Arizona Diamondbacks
1995 Colorado Rockies
1953 Brooklyn Dodgers (Los Angeles Dodgers)
1998 San Diego Padres
1962 San Francisco Giants

Version 2 of this roster will include an entirely completed AAA to go along with the previously completed MLB so each franchise will have their two best teams on their respective levels.

Version 3 will have a completed MLB/AAA and AA. Franchise's top 3 teams.

Version 4 will include a completed MLB/AAA/AA and the remaining Single A players completed. So any player who performed significantly for a particular franchise that is not on one of that franchise's best three teams, will be included in this release.

In Version 1 you will see that Version 2 and 3 are not that far off, as there is significant progress on many of the minor league teams, they are just not 100% completed yet.

Special thanks goes out to:
Sunjah_Kahn (original idea)
pjsnell10
chisox156
Mysterioman007
Maizeblue13
The entire 1987 roster crew

and everybody in the community who threw in their two cents on the direction of the roster.

Remember this is a work in progress. I'm sure I will notice stuff that is wrong with the MLB and so on and fix those mistakes in each Version/Update.

Post any feedback in this thread, cant wait to hear it!

Also we love to hear the stories of the games you play with the roster. Brings the greats back to life!

Bedwardsroy19

Last edited by bedwardsroy19; 08-17-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 05:58 PM   #2
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: All-Time Franchise's Best Year Roster V.1

Good job man.

Thanks to you and everybody involved.

I'll probably download tonight.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:31 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

WOW!!! What a roster set, that really is an incredible job. I am sure Sunjah_Kahn would be proud were he with us today, may he RIP!

My only problem is, who do I take in the initial 29 game, everyone-plays-everyone season to check them out?

The Legendary Murder's Row,
The White Elephants, who deposed the Murder's Row 3 straight years,
The Big Red Machine,
The Black Sox,
Harvey's Wallbangers,
"We are Family" Pirates,
The '53 Dodgers (who I think are the best team ever, followed right on the heels by the Big Red Machine and Muderer's Row)
The loaded '62 Giants/'46 Red Sox/'86 Mets/'29 Cubs/'80 Phillies...

ahhhhhhhhhhhh, I CANNOT DECIDE!!!

Therefore, I think it must be the team that is generally considered the Best of All Time...Murderer's Row. Who can really argue with Ruth & Gehrig hitting back-to-back on a daily basis.

THESE ARE AWESOME!!!

Great job, guys, and excellent dedication to the project!

(now get back to work and finish the minors...that is a complete joke, you know)
Old 08-16-2011, 06:46 PM   #4
Pro

pjsnell10's Arena

OVR: 8

Well, I just finished my first game.
'48 Indians-2
'90 Athletics-0

Lemon shut me down. I had two guys thrown out at the plate. Each team had 6 hits. Ouch.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:19 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Do you guys have a slider recommendation with this? Or is it just trial and error based on the individual?

Haven't seen it yet, but good work regardless plugging away for months to get it done.

GH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 07:41 PM   #6
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37

Hey Guys,

I reuploaded the roster this time with only the MLB players on the 40 Mans so it is playable for franchise and season mode.

So go redownload and relike it !
Old 08-16-2011, 07:52 PM   #7
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Ted Williams needs a two handed swing, if there's one that looks right.

I have the list of two handed swings. If I find one that is suitable I'll post it here.

Seeing Teddy Ballgame with a one handed finish on his swing just doesn't look right at all.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:19 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
Hey Guys,

I reuploaded the roster this time with only the MLB players on the 40 Mans so it is playable for franchise and season mode.

So go redownload and relike it !
I hate you, I just did this myself.

BIG KUDOS to these rosters! I thought for sure any modern guys would simply be a copy of there "card" from SCEA, which would have meant I would need to recreate each of them...I cannot stand when someone, say Johnny Damon on the Red Sox, shows up with a TB uniform.

So far, I have not seen a single case of an SCEA "card". It appears they are all made from scratch, which is truly awesome and an **** touch! I love when they show up in the uniforms of the team that day (in game), and would honestly rather have the SCEA rosters have that then photos.

Looking forward to using these...still undecided for the first 29 game season, but leaning heavily towards the Bombers.

Ps- ??? { e...p...i...c is a four-letter, banned word? that is what the one is above that got blancked out...how is ep/ic a bad word?)

Last edited by The_Fordham_Flash; 08-16-2011 at 08:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »