Home

MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #481
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoob15
Quick question on your spreadsheet. Some teams I am not able to bring everyone back up. The Red Sox for example have 16 players to call back up which puts me one over on the 40 man. Does this mean someone on the 25 man isn't supposed to be there?
not sure - i didn't have any problems with them or any other team - except the one team with too many guys on the dl
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2011, 07:11 PM   #482
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by srudoff
not sure - i didn't have any problems with them or any other team - except the one team with too many guys on the dl
It's most likely that the list he worked off of to make the spreadsheet had a player on the 60 day DL, which would give them extra slots. We can't do that on the roster...only you can once you enter franchise.
For instance....you will see Wainwright of the Cards on the 60 day DL and the 40 man roster. If St. Louis wanted to(they may have)...they could add another player to the 40 man roster in place of Wainwright, while not having to actually remove him from it....technically giving them 41 players on the 40 man roster.
Once the player comes back from the 60 day DL...one would have to be removed.
We can't account for that in the rosters.(yet!)

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-19-2011, 08:10 PM   #483
Banned

srudoff's Arena

Posting this in a few places in this forum...

If you use 30 team control and place players on the DL, do NOT set the other 29 teams to AUTO for roster management!!! The cpu will take players off of the DL and in 99% of the cases, leave the player in whatever level you had them in at the onset. I noticed the problem in late April when I faced the Royals and saw Jason Kendall in A ball despite not being injured anymore. The CPU activated him from the DL on 4/14 but 7 days later he was still in A ball. I checked other teams with initial 15 day DL players and they were all in A ball. Thought maybe just a week was too short to move them, like they were on a rehab stint (trying to justify in my head, i know) so I simmed to June 1st and all of the players were still in A ball.

So we've seen cases where you injure the players but don't DL them (using 1 team control) and the cpu doesn't DL them in many cases. And now if you injure them and DO DL them (in 30 team control), the cpu doesn't move them to the appropriate level.

Note - this only appears to affect guys that we manually injure - i'm seeing some players get injured in the sim i just ran - they dl them for 15 days, then activate them, then put them back in the lineup/rotation.

It seems like the only solution is 30 team control, injure and DL the players, and manually move every single player that gets activated.

OR put the player at the appropriate level BEFORE you injure them and DL them and then when they are activated, they should go back to that level. I'll sim to see if they are then inserted by the cpu into the lineup/rotation.

by the way, my spreadsheet indicates which level each DL'd player SHOULD be put on post (or now pre) injury.

OK I did another franchise with Utley in MLB, then injured him, the DL'd him. After 15 days the cpu (which was set to auto for everything), activated him and put him back in the lineup.

Looking at the opening day rosters from the roster vault, it looks like Hustlin's will be affected by this more than Knight because Hustlin moves these guys to A-Ball where it looks like Knight's doesn't (unless I'm missing something).

Last edited by srudoff; 04-19-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:05 PM   #484
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
We can't account for that in the rosters.(yet!)

M.K.
Knight165
YET !! ??? do you know something we don't ?
Old 04-19-2011, 09:36 PM   #485
Rookie

ZOMB13AUTOPILOT's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRev_
Just stop trying, you obviously don't understand what I mean

example, franklin gutierrez is on class-A on the roster file BECAUSE HE IS INJURED IN REAL LIFE. If he was healthy, he'd be in the majors. I'm asking has anyone made a roster, using knight's as a base, where injured players like him and others are in the MLB (like they would be if healthy), not class-A
I have one on my PS3, I'll throw it up on SC for you. File title is O.S.F.M O.D. No Injury by ZOMB13AUTOPILOT
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2011, 09:41 PM   #486
Banned

srudoff's Arena

If you move Jesse Carlson to AAA before doing the injuries, you can injure all 6 players on my spreadsheet. You can only have 5 MLB guys on the DL. Moving Carlson to AAA gets around this.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:43 PM   #487
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMB13AUTOPILOT
I have one on my PS3, I'll throw it up on SC for you. File title is O.S.F.M O.D. No Injury by ZOMB13AUTOPILOT
Nice, that's a big help. Thanks.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:59 PM   #488
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

OVR: 16

Braves released P Brett DeVall after Spring Training. He could probably be replaced with someone like Richard Sullivan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »