Home

1988 Complete Major/Minor League Roster

This is a discussion on 1988 Complete Major/Minor League Roster within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-12-2010, 12:10 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
1988 Complete Major/Minor League Roster

Haven't worked on these in a little while sorry to say...tiger and red dead took me away for a while...over the past few days ive gotten back into things and here's how its looking...there are going to be 60-70 players or so per team...BAL and CHC are completely done...once i finish NYY and BOS (hopefully tomorrow), ill give you guys an updated link so you can see what it is im doing with these...the idea is going to be to have full working authentic lineups/rotations down to the AA level...instead of my college teams i had previously put in, I am making one of the teams the 1988 USA Olympic team (jim abbott was the star pitcher), one movie team....question (i want to do stanford and arizona state for 1988 for the other 2 teams since they were the 2 in the finals of the college world series that year...cant find rosters for either team for that year anywhere...can anyone help? if not, any suggestions for replacements for the other 2 teams?...as bad as i wanna do a negro league all star team and maybe even an all time legends team with everyone from honus wagner to shoeless joe to mantle to ruth, aaron,sadaharu oh, etc. but that would not make for a fun franchise...i may do this with the 88 file once i do this realistic version...anyways, glad to be back working on these (feel much better, was getting burnt out for a while)...when done i thought it would be fun to do a roster set outta this book i have...it would be like a team full of best all-time slugger, best all-time speed guys, contact hitters, etc...it would also be relatively easy to do since most players will be pre-created as legends, in this roster file, or in the game (only would have to make a hundred instead of a thousand players)...it would be kinda like baseball stars back in the day (each team with their own specialty)...lol...enough for now...enjoy this small novel ive written...for those wondering, 25-man was already complete before i started expanding these they are done for those of you just wanting to play mlb

Last edited by ryan4889; 08-12-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
Pro

Re: 1988 Complete Major/Minor League Roster

came across this site http://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/1988_in_Japanese_Baseball for one of the 2 teams to fill of maybe doing the 18 guys on the two Top Nine of the year lists for the 2 japanese leagues that year (kinda like a Japan all-star team) plus the pitchers who won award in those two leagues for that year...another idea would be to include the winner of the japanese world series (seibu lions beat the chunichi dragons that year, but i could do just both of these teams) that year and then the winner of the cuban series that year (Vegeuros)...apparently the us toured japan in 88 and came out just 3-2

Last edited by ryan4889; 08-12-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4889
came across this site http://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/1988_in_Japanese_Baseball for one of the 2 teams to fill of maybe doing the 18 guys on the two Top Nine of the year lists for the 2 japanese leagues that year (kinda like a Japan all-star team) plus the pitchers who won award in those two leagues for that year...another idea would be to include the winner of the japanese world series (seibu lions beat the chunichi dragons that year, but i could do just both of these teams) that year and then the winner of the cuban series that year (Vegeuros)...apparently the us toured japan in 88 and came out just 3-2
I would love to see the yankees when your done.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:51 AM   #4
Pro

what i plan to put up by end of the weekend is all 40-man complete...only BAL CHC BOS & NYY will have full minors at this point...this is fun again and doesnt feel so much like a chore
Old 08-13-2010, 11:28 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4889
what i plan to put up by end of the weekend is all 40-man complete...only BAL CHC BOS & NYY will have full minors at this point...this is fun again and doesnt feel so much like a chore
Cool if only mariano was playing at the time unless he was in he minors and you have him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 07:09 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Are these still being worked on?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »