Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.2

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.2 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-04-2010, 05:24 PM   #377
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhy
Hey Ja,

With the rosters coming out so late, are you going to use this season as one of the three to calculate new attributes?
No way dude LOL. That would take a ton of time to go back and recalculate. Also remember that all this years stats need to be pro-rated over 600 AB's. Someone like ARods power numbers would be extremely low based on his slow homer rate so far. I dont think 2 months is indicative of the whole season. If this was say August, I would say absolutely do that as far as calculating 08 - 09 - 10 but its still too soon. Not to mention hitting is way down across both leagues so far but its just now starting to warm up weather-wise so we'll see if balls start flying from this point on.

My plan is to input the three seasons, use them as a base and add / subtract accordingly based on this years performance. I did some tests on my own with some sample teams and was pleasantly happy with the results. Im gonna get started as soon as V3 is done (hopefully Sunday night if Razr / Pope / et al. are on track with a weekend release). The plan is to try to get everyone inputted in as quick as I can (ALL: I work a full time job with a forgiving wife and a 16 month old at home so I am not sitting in front of a PS3 all day, though believe me I wish I could LMAO) with the modifications then sim. Unfortunately TD who helped tremendously last year, has not been around and he was a great help and tester. Therefore, Id like to thank Knight because I asked for his help in testing this set prior to release and he told me he should be a go on that. He gets the set before release so a very experienced set of eyes will definitely help the finished product. Maybe a week, give or take a day or 2 to get the process done. I will update accordingly.

Another year, and here we go again.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:37 PM   #378
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10

Couple of Brewers notes for roster changes.

John Raburn (2B) also plays RF sometimes, so that needs to be there for secondary position. Also the PA and scoreboard list him as Johnny Raburn though he's listed on the rosters as John.

Adam Heether (3B) also plays 2B/SS & LF (I set his secondary to 2B/SS). Heether has also been placed on waivers.

I don't usually pay attention to moves, but I tend to look at the PCL's roster transactions since I can't view the ones that just involve the Sounds.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #379
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
He's going to be another player.
I named him, but never edited him I guess.
I forgot Lamb(again)...but we can use the D player on the FA list to create him.
Grant A is the name of the player on the FA list.

M.K.
Knight165
Knight i dont if read my last comment are there any minor correction coming soon if not its okay.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:41 PM   #380
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23

Knight, something that you should consider doing with the Cardinals is replacing SS Jose Garcia with 2B Jason Stidham (former SS) who is the starting second baseman for the Class A Quad City River Bandits. Stidham was drafted in '09 out of Florida State so this is his first full season in professional baseball. Garcia is nowhere close to the player that Stidham is.

Last edited by Jason_19; 06-05-2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:26 PM   #381
Rookie

steelpirate's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16
No way dude LOL. That would take a ton of time to go back and recalculate. Also remember that all this years stats need to be pro-rated over 600 AB's. Someone like ARods power numbers would be extremely low based on his slow homer rate so far. I dont think 2 months is indicative of the whole season. If this was say August, I would say absolutely do that as far as calculating 08 - 09 - 10 but its still too soon. Not to mention hitting is way down across both leagues so far but its just now starting to warm up weather-wise so we'll see if balls start flying from this point on.

My plan is to input the three seasons, use them as a base and add / subtract accordingly based on this years performance. I did some tests on my own with some sample teams and was pleasantly happy with the results. Im gonna get started as soon as V3 is done (hopefully Sunday night if Razr / Pope / et al. are on track with a weekend release). The plan is to try to get everyone inputted in as quick as I can (ALL: I work a full time job with a forgiving wife and a 16 month old at home so I am not sitting in front of a PS3 all day, though believe me I wish I could LMAO) with the modifications then sim. Unfortunately TD who helped tremendously last year, has not been around and he was a great help and tester. Therefore, Id like to thank Knight because I asked for his help in testing this set prior to release and he told me he should be a go on that. He gets the set before release so a very experienced set of eyes will definitely help the finished product. Maybe a week, give or take a day or 2 to get the process done. I will update accordingly.
As always, you guys rock!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2010, 09:26 PM   #382
Pro

OVR: 9

So I know that I am kind of a prick for not reading the thread to find out if this is something that was answered in it but its long sorry. So I am wonder does this also make those that started the year on the DL on it or no? I just purchased my first PS3 and of course the first (and only for now) game I got was this one! So I am looking to start my franchise ASAP!

Thanks in advance to the makers of the roster set cause of course I would only use something that comes from here!
GM of the KC Royals in the OS Arbitration Thread
Old 06-04-2010, 09:30 PM   #383
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by HechticSooner
So I know that I am kind of a prick for not reading the thread to find out if this is something that was answered in it but its long sorry. So I am wonder does this also make those that started the year on the DL on it or no? I just purchased my first PS3 and of course the first (and only for now) game I got was this one! So I am looking to start my franchise ASAP!

Thanks in advance to the makers of the roster set cause of course I would only use something that comes from here!

No way to do that with the actual roster set...but coreyhartsdaughter has a thread in which he created a franchise save that started everyone where they were on opening day. It's in the roster section...should be towards the top of non-stickied threads.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 06-04-2010, 09:38 PM   #384
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
No way to do that with the actual roster set...but coreyhartsdaughter has a thread in which he created a franchise save that started everyone where they were on opening day. It's in the roster section...should be towards the top of non-stickied threads.

M.K.
Knight165
and he or someone plans to do this for V3 and V4 I believe (and hope)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »