Home

1988 Beta Roster in Vault PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK/SUGGESTIONS/TIPS

This is a discussion on 1988 Beta Roster in Vault PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK/SUGGESTIONS/TIPS within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-22-2010, 07:09 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
1988 Beta Roster in Vault PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK/SUGGESTIONS/TIPS

UPDATE 3/27
1988 40-Man Rosters -- I have finished the Orioles, Red Sox, Yankees, Blue Jays, Royals, Dodgers, Cubs, & 1/2 OAK/NYM 25-man mlb teams (all other teams are named and given correct vitals/number/etc but w no ratings or tweaks to looks although looks HAVE been normalized on untweaked teams/players to great extent...PLEASE either post suggestions here or e-mail them to me @ [email protected]...i will post another copy of these rosters with any corrections along with 2 new teams every couple days till this is complete...then i will take on 89 and so on...again no whining about ratings i did the best i could and if you feel something is misrepresented please let me know and i can make changes...especially looking for feedback on stances and faces as there are several that i was unable to find accurate representations on cards or the web

I will only be putting updated rosters on this thread and not in the vault, at least until i get more completed...i may re-post in the vault once AL is done

Last edited by ryan4889; 03-28-2010 at 12:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
Pro

Re: 1988 Beta Roster in Vault PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK/SUGGESTIONS/TIPS

Just to let you guys know...as far as the gear, i just took what they were wearing in the cards or on google image (same with the appearances)...for example, i know that dennis lamp did not always have the handlebars but in the card i saw he did...just a heads up
Old 03-23-2010, 12:12 AM   #3
Lurker

bjf1377's Arena

OVR: 41

Bravo so far, man.

I was only 2 during this particular season, but when I started watching baseball most of these guys were still around. I do appreciate the other classic rosters, but there's something about having all the rosters based around one particular year. This will be one of my favorite rosters to use for individual games once you finish it
Old 03-23-2010, 10:17 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4889
BOS BAL & NYY now COMPLETE

Attachment 23721
Awesome. Is the one with the Yankees in the vault. I saw the one with just Bal and Bos. Only thing I would say is that some guys are overrated. Curt Schilling for instance. He threw under 20 innings in 1988 and is rated pretty highly. Obviously not a big deal as he went on to be a great pitcher. Either way this roster looks really cool and should be great for some single games. This is around when I started watching baseball, so it's a nice throwback.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:46 PM   #5
Pro

Thanks man...this is just the feedback im looking for...i will look at schilling and make changes...and i will probably not post to the vault every time i get a new team done but rather every 4 or 5...i WILL however, put updated rosters on this thread team by team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2010, 05:36 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks for posting this. Your rosters look great.I hope you keep up the good work.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:41 PM   #7
MVP

vernond's Arena

OVR: 17

Good year man, I've been waiting for a late 80's roster. Off the top of my head I noticed Strawberry and Eric Davis were rated way too low in all categories. These guys were studs in 88. Looks cool man.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:54 PM   #8
Pro

The only teams that have been rated or given pitches, deliveries, stances are the ones that are complete...these would be NYY BOS BAL and by morning, TOR...im glad you guys are liking these...once done i would like to do rosters for each year up to now...with the initial creation done for the last era, i would think that for the next 20 year period, the players ill need to create will be far fewer...the only pain will be adjusting colors on gear and making the trades that are necessary

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »