Home

What's the biggest difference etc.

This is a discussion on What's the biggest difference etc. within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-07-2009, 11:17 PM   #1
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7
What's the biggest difference etc.

I know that Knight has a great set and so does a couple of other fellas. Here's my ? since SCEA has a 9-7-09 update.

With SCEA'S newest set will there still be fake players on rosters or since there has been an array of call-ups will all the fake players be gone?

I'll probably go with Knight's, but I just wanted to see what SCEA's set had to offer, but I'm not dealing with fake players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 12:39 AM   #2
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: What's the biggest difference etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie
I know that Knight has a great set and so does a couple of other fellas. Here's my ? since SCEA has a 9-7-09 update.

With SCEA'S newest set will there still be fake players on rosters or since there has been an array of call-ups will all the fake players be gone?

I'll probably go with Knight's, but I just wanted to see what SCEA's set had to offer, but I'm not dealing with fake players.
Well...I just checked out the latest update.
It's a great update. Pretty much everyone on the 40 is on there that got the call up.(there may be a few who got the call up and then re-assigned without playing that might have not made it.

Ratings look great....
BUT...faces are all generic and no audio names on a lot of the players....and yes...there are still fake players in the set.
I'm going to see if it's worth using the update or continuing with my set I'm working on now(a default set)....but this is a pretty good update IMO.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 09-08-2009, 01:31 AM   #3
MVP

CWSpalehoseCWS's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Well...I just checked out the latest update.
It's a great update. Pretty much everyone on the 40 is on there that got the call up.(there may be a few who got the call up and then re-assigned without playing that might have not made it.

Ratings look great....
BUT...faces are all generic and no audio names on a lot of the players....and yes...there are still fake players in the set.
I'm going to see if it's worth using the update or continuing with my set I'm working on now(a default set)....but this is a pretty good update IMO.

M.K.
Knight165
The only thing I noticed with the later updates is that you can edit players' names. On the default, there at fake players put on the 40-Man that you are unable to edit even after removing. As more player as added in the updates, more players become editable (if that's even a word). It might give you more players to customize Knight, but I can't imagine the amount of work you'd have to re-do.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:38 AM   #4
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSpalehoseCWS
The only thing I noticed with the later updates is that you can edit players' names. On the default, there at fake players put on the 40-Man that you are unable to edit even after removing. As more player as added in the updates, more players become editable (if that's even a word). It might give you more players to customize Knight, but I can't imagine the amount of work you'd have to re-do.
I'm already pretty deep into the default set I'm updating...but looking at the 9-07 update....it seems as though I will be able to get in everyone..plus a few nice surprises!
Looks like everyone(that SCEA added) is editable also.....just the guys with service time are not. Plus...I didn't see any dev players(yet...I didn't look that deep yet)

Also, I'll be doing everything ....and I mean EVERYTHING.
It will be a great End of Season set...either way...something you can bring right into next season with perfectly.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 09-08-2009, 02:23 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I look forward to your new roster update, please post a link when you are finished. And I thank you for all your hard work!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 03:21 AM   #6
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3

knight this is great news!! When do u anticipate the completion of these new rosters? I'll put a hold on my franchise & wait for you rosters will u be using the scea attributes? I cant wait!!
Old 09-08-2009, 05:01 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

That is great news... thx for the hard work Knight! Can you plz not change the 2nd positions for utility players like nady, hinske and hairston, that is very important for me to keep. You wil do a gr8 job I'm sure. What kind of time table do you have set? It must take awhile for sure.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:27 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm already pretty deep into the default set I'm updating...but looking at the 9-07 update....it seems as though I will be able to get in everyone..plus a few nice surprises!
Looks like everyone(that SCEA added) is editable also.....just the guys with service time are not. Plus...I didn't see any dev players(yet...I didn't look that deep yet)

Also, I'll be doing everything ....and I mean EVERYTHING.
It will be a great End of Season set...either way...something you can bring right into next season with perfectly.

M.K.
Knight165
knight i was just curious how do u have the time its very time consuming how deep are u into completing it i have one cap request his name dan runzler of sf giants i apperciate your work especially on the accurate rating scale and full minor thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »