Home

Hanging up my roster boots

This is a discussion on Hanging up my roster boots within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 60
Hanging up my roster boots

As I'm not 61 anymore ....I'm retiring from roster making. I've been doing it for years, WSB, ASB,High Heat, The Show......I have one new book in the making that I want to get published by July, and there is another possible one that I will be helping out on (I hope) involving a fellow vet. So, I'm going to be having a lot of keyboard and monitor face time this year. Add the long hours at roster editing with Knight.....I'm just looking forward to playing the game at my leisure this year.

Knight was gracious enough to let me join him last year and we had a lot of frustration and long (believe me) LONG hours put into the final product. Pull out your hair long hours. Although in the end very rewarding to help out.

Letting everybody know now because I know Knight needs to make plans for the upcoming release.

I'm sure he'll probably be looking for a strong #2 who can fend off all the "are they done yet" questions, lol, but go easy on the guy. Knight has this down to a fine science, but he still calls on all you guys for help. There is no more a dedicated roster man than MK.

Treat him good, or I will personally hunt down ever last one of you.

The Show is going to be absolutely the dream we've waited for. It's going to be a treat to see what he puts together this year, and I know I/we won't be disappointed.

Last edited by jim416; 02-06-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2009, 10:42 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Hanging up my roster boots

jim, thanks for all your hard work with the roster this past year. my hat goes off to you.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:02 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

Man, this means that for sure we'll have to wait till after the all-star break now
Old 02-06-2009, 11:15 PM   #4
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
As I'm not 61 anymore ....I'm retiring from roster making. I've been doing it for years, WSB, High Heat, The Show......I have one new book in the making that I want to get published by July, and there is another possible one that I will be helping out on (I hope) involving a fellow vet. So, I'm going to be having a lot of keyboard and monitor face time this year. Add the long hours at roster editing with Knight.....I'm just looking forward to playing the game at my leisure this year.

Knight was gracious enough to let me join him last year and we had a lot of frustration and long (believe me) LONG hours put into the final product. Pull out your hair long hours. Although in the end very rewarding to help out.

Letting everybody know now because I know Knight needs to make plans for the upcoming release.

I'm sure he'll probably be looking for a strong #2 who can fend off all the "are they done yet" questions, lol, but go easy on the guy. Knight has this down to a fine science, but he still calls on all you guys for help. There is no more a dedicated roster man than MK.

Treat him good, or I will personally hunt down ever last one of you.

The Show is going to be absolutely the dream we've waited for. It's going to be a treat to see what he puts together this year, and I know I/we won't be disappointed.

Jim...all I can say is thank you.
Since we've already spoken about this.....I obviously already knew...so I just want to say it was great working with you.
Thanks!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-06-2009, 11:54 PM   #5
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Jim,
Thanks for all the hard work on the rosters last year. Good luck with the book and enjoy the game this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2009, 11:54 PM   #6
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23

Jim, thank you for everything that you have done. It is greatly appreciated.

Knight, if you want my help, let me know. I probably couldn't be your "#2 guy", but I would love to help you when I can and as you need it, when it comes to attributes, stances, windups and players' faces.

I've edited and released baseball and NCAA football rosters for years. Baseball has been a huge part of my life. I've played since I was 9 years old. I'm a huge fan of the game. I'm very confident in saying that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to the scouting aspects of every level of baseball. I've been into scouting since I quit playing. Plus, I also coach a high school traveling team. I know scouting reports on thousands of players and I know how to relate players' skill to their attributes on games because I spend a lot of time figuring it out before I start playing the game. I can't even really get into any game, until I figure out the attribute system and make a ton of attribute changes. I correct attributes until I finally quit playing the game. It's always a never ending process.

Last edited by Jason_19; 02-06-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:11 AM   #7
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

Thank you for everything you've done Jim. You and Knight have made me love the Show forums here at OperatonSports. Last year was my first experience with the series and it will not be the last. The rosters put out last year made a great game even better.

Knight: Any chance they gave you an early copy (or at least a roster file of some sort) and you are secretly working on full minors as wel speak?

Haha, I know wishful thinking. It worked out nicely last year playing exhibition to find the right difficulty and sliders for me and playing lots of RTTS before the rosters were released.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:23 AM   #8
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchdogXC
Thank you for everything you've done Jim. You and Knight have made me love the Show forums here at OperatonSports. Last year was my first experience with the series and it will not be the last. The rosters put out last year made a great game even better.

Knight: Any chance they gave you an early copy (or at least a roster file of some sort) and you are secretly working on full minors as wel speak?

Haha, I know wishful thinking. It worked out nicely last year playing exhibition to find the right difficulty and sliders for me and playing lots of RTTS before the rosters were released.
I WISH!

Thanks for the kind words Watchdog..

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »