Home

Help - How do I get a PSP roster update?

This is a discussion on Help - How do I get a PSP roster update? within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-05-2008, 04:13 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Help - How do I get a PSP roster update?

I know that this post is kind of similar to the one by windseer90
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...p-rosters.html
but they're not exactly the same.

I'm new to PSP, just got mine 2 days ago, and I'm also new to the SCEA series of baseball games. Where could I find a roster update for the PSP version of "MLB 08: The Show" and how do I get it on to the PSP machine?

By the way, I'm more interested in the roster update on opening day (e.g. Johan Santana's move to the Mets at the start of the season).

Thank you in advance for your help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2008, 09:58 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Help - How do I get a PSP roster update?

How are you connected to the internet from home? Are you wireless or wired? If wired, I can not help you. If wireless, it is easy with the PSP.

As for the roster updates, they come out weekly every Monday morning and reflect the latest roster moves in MLB including players on the DL (They will be on the Inactive Roster).

tfigs
Old 07-05-2008, 02:48 PM   #3
Cy Young?

windseer90's Arena

OVR: 29

I'm pretty sure someone can take their roster file from their PSP and transfer it to their computer. I have a roster set pretty close to Opening Day so I'm going to try uploading it.

1. Download the .zip file.
2. Unzip it.
3. Connect your PSP using the USB connection.
4. Copy the file to PSP/SAVEDATA

That should work. I named it something like "qwe" I think. Let me know if it works.
Attached Files
File Type: zip UCUS98696Roster2.zip (880.7 KB, 51 views)

(603): not only are you not the girl i fell in love with, but from the looks of it, you ate her
Old 07-05-2008, 07:39 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

First of all, thank you both for the replies.

windseer90, I've tried your zip file. However, I still have some questions:

1. Is the data in the zip file supposed to replace the data that I already have saved in my PSP?

2. Do I place the renamed file (after unzipping it) inside PSP --> SAVEDATA --> UCUS(with whatever the numbers are that follow)UserProfile1 or do I just replace my saved data by placing the unzipped, renamed file at PSP --> SAVEDATA?

By the way, I'm using a Mac, in case it might be that I need to do any extra steps.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:58 AM   #5
Cy Young?

windseer90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankorama
First of all, thank you both for the replies.

windseer90, I've tried your zip file. However, I still have some questions:

1. Is the data in the zip file supposed to replace the data that I already have saved in my PSP?

2. Do I place the renamed file (after unzipping it) inside PSP --> SAVEDATA --> UCUS(with whatever the numbers are that follow)UserProfile1 or do I just replace my saved data by placing the unzipped, renamed file at PSP --> SAVEDATA?

By the way, I'm using a Mac, in case it might be that I need to do any extra steps.
1. If you have a roster file saved in slot #2, then it will replace that file. You can always re-save that roster file before replacing it though.

2. I wouldn't rename it. Just unzip the file and copy the folder. Then go to PSP/SAVEDATA and paste. If it tries to overwrite something, then its trying to replace your saved roster you already have in slot 2. Don't do anything with UserProfile1.

After you've pasted it, check your roster files in the game and see if you have one named "qwe". If so, then it worked. I hope this helps.

(603): not only are you not the girl i fell in love with, but from the looks of it, you ate her
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2008, 08:27 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by windseer90
1. If you have a roster file saved in slot #2, then it will replace that file. You can always re-save that roster file before replacing it though.

2. I wouldn't rename it. Just unzip the file and copy the folder. Then go to PSP/SAVEDATA and paste. If it tries to overwrite something, then its trying to replace your saved roster you already have in slot 2. Don't do anything with UserProfile1.

After you've pasted it, check your roster files in the game and see if you have one named "qwe". If so, then it worked. I hope this helps.
I am not sure this will work on a Mac. That may be why he is having trouble.

So I take it then you don't have a wireless connection?
Old 07-06-2008, 12:54 PM   #7
Cy Young?

windseer90's Arena

If you don't have a wireless connection... you can always try to use someone else's wireless connection lol. I used my neighbor's before we got wireless to get my roster updates. The signal strength was terrible but I could connect long enough just to get roster updates.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:47 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by windseer90

Hi!

I tried this and for some reason everytime I do this...it comes up "corrupted data" and it really annoys me!!

I download the file....unzip it...then I name it something else and copy it and put it into "savedata" It still doesnt work because it says corrupted data...please help am I doing something wrong!?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »