Home

Can't pitch with Parker?

This is a discussion on Can't pitch with Parker? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-12-2012, 01:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can't pitch with Parker?

Hey guys!

I have my Oakland A's franchise, and I reached the trade deadline and just called up Jarrod Parker from AAA. In his first start though I found out that everytime I throw any of his 4 pitches, I'd get a warning colour. First it turns yellow, then red for every time I throw it. Now I know this is a new feature where it warns you that batters are picking up on the pitch, but this is broken I think. If I throw 8 straight pitches to start the game with him, two of each kind, all of them become red, and easily hittable by the opponents. I first thought it was a tendency issue... but no matter what I change, It stays the same. If anyone has a solution please let me know . Thanks

P.S. I am running a legit PC version, and the only way I found is if I use the MLB 2k12 editor and swap player IDs.... but if I do that I lose all his 2011 MLB stats, and his 2012 AAA stats.... just wondering if there is an easier way
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2012, 03:10 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Can't pitch with Parker?

Almost all the new pitchers added in the most recent updates are bugged. I believe it is a tendency flaw in their pitches, which you can manually edit for each play. All the numbers should add to 100, so if their fastball tendency is only 4, make it 40 and so forth.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful Cubsfan
Almost all the new pitchers added in the most recent updates are bugged. I believe it is a tendency flaw in their pitches, which you can manually edit for each play. All the numbers should add to 100, so if their fastball tendency is only 4, make it 40 and so forth.
Fastball 58
Slider 17
Changeup 17
12-6 Curve 8

58+17+17+8=100.

I don't see a problem.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #4
Rookie

Work the count. I had that problem when I caled up a guy in my Cubs franchise. I would you only the power curve to throw it outside the zone and to use as a chase pitch. It seems to be ok if you use a pitch that is just to change selection.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #5
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5552515
Maybe he isn't ready for the big leagues yet?
What's his rating?
That may be true, but he is on the real A's roster right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #6
Pro

This is a 2k problem and can only be addressed by creating a new Jarrod Parker by yourself. Yu Darvish has the same problem. There are some other pitchers as well.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:26 AM   #7

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Bugs like this are why I gave up playing this game months ago. Just literally ruins the experience of playing the game.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:01 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Bugs like this are why I gave up playing this game months ago. Just literally ruins the experience of playing the game.
Problem is only that some pitchers that have played the game last year (like Parker) who already have stats have this bug. Mainly only "new" players, that can be name-edited have this bug. So for the last ones mentioned it is not a big deal since they can be simply "deleted" and a new one without bug can be made.
For console players I understand that the players like Parker which are already in the game are annoying.
But PC players have workaround for all those players.
I do not expect a PC patch anymore, but I wonder why they didn't address this for the console versions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »