Home

All jokes aside. How can you even enjoy this game?

This is a discussion on All jokes aside. How can you even enjoy this game? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
All jokes aside. How can you even enjoy this game?

This has to be thee most Scripted game I have EVER played. WOW! I tried to enjoy it by using custom sliders and other things. But the computer simply controls ever aspect of the game. Late HRs. Rallies. You name it. UGH... its sicking to know I actually paid for this. God Bless you if you're having fun with this. Personally I'm trading in this POS.

lata
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: All jokes aside. How can you even enjoy this game?

I'm definitely having a tough time as well, I think the only thing keeping me playing is that I'm a big baseball guy.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #3
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike sherman
This has to be thee most Scripted game I have EVER played. WOW! I tried to enjoy it by using custom sliders and other things. But the computer simply controls ever aspect of the game. Late HRs. Rallies. You name it. UGH... its sicking to know I actually paid for this. God Bless you if you're having fun with this. Personally I'm trading in this POS.

lata
Thank you for the blessing Mike Sherman.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

My standards must be lower. I am enjoying this game just fine on my PC. That's why they make chocolate and vanilla (well, unfortunately, since I have a 360, they only have one flavor . . . )
Old 06-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

mike, a great way to get beyond the scripted stuff and enjoy the rest of the game, is to bat only. I never pitch -- can't deal with the questionable gameplay stuff, or the awful fielding animations and controls. But hitting is a blast, and I never see anything resembling CPU cheating when I only hit. It's all about adjusting and appreciating what the game gives you.

Not that you'll even respond to this, sounds like you've already made up your mind and have a pretty hard hate-on for the game.

Last edited by Yeats; 06-20-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #6
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

I have played entire season in franchise mode, every other game, currently in playoffs, and enjoyed the ups and lows of every game. I know after beating Dodgers in wildcard, new playoff format 2 games to 1, that I have Phillies up next. As the Braves I know my chances are not very good, especially with no Beachy or Hudson, but it does not feel scripted. They are just better. Is their moments where my picture gets rocked, yes, is their moments where I rock their picture, yes, is their moments where it goes down to last inning or extra innings in a low scoring affair, yes, is their moments where I make a stupid throwing error or cpu does the same, yes, is their moments where I steal base easily and moments where I get caught, yes, is their momments where I hit Homeruns and moments I cannot, yes.....This is baseball last time I checked? I know that the game is not perfect, stat bugs and players coming off DL stuck in minors till next season. But I have had fun all the while.

If interested hit me up, I can give you my sliders and rosters I use. You have to look at game from a good base of games played. I have played 80+ games in franchise to date, and feel i have a good idea of how game plays in the long haul.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
I have played entire season in franchise mode, every other game, currently in playoffs, and enjoyed the ups and lows of every game. I know after beating Dodgers in wildcard, new playoff format 2 games to 1, that I have Phillies up next. As the Braves I know my chances are not very good, especially with no Beachy or Hudson, but it does not feel scripted. They are just better. Is their moments where my picture gets rocked, yes, is their moments where I rock their picture, yes, is their moments where it goes down to last inning or extra innings in a low scoring affair, yes, is their moments where I make a stupid throwing error or cpu does the same, yes, is their moments where I steal base easily and moments where I get caught, yes, is their momments where I hit Homeruns and moments I cannot, yes.....This is baseball last time I checked? I know that the game is not perfect, stat bugs and players coming off DL stuck in minors till next season. But I have had fun all the while.

If interested hit me up, I can give you my sliders and rosters I use. You have to look at game from a good base of games played. I have played 80+ games in franchise to date, and feel i have a good idea of how game plays in the long haul.

i feel you.

shermie, sucks you can't get into it.
ps3 owner here and its my baseball game du jour.

i'll be playing this franchise mode till next year for sure, warts and all.

I love it.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I play in a 30 team full 162 game schedule league with some pretty great guys on xbox. Without [some] of the CPU aspects, the game becomes a lot better.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »