Home

Which 2K baseball game would be right for me

This is a discussion on Which 2K baseball game would be right for me within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Which 2K baseball game would be right for me

Alright, so the deal is. I haven't really played a baseball game since MVP Baseball 2004 for the PS2. Great game. But now that I have an XBOX 360 and I suppose the PC aswell and can't get "The Show" (which i hear is pretty damn good and by looking at the reviews and graphics it seems phenomenal) which MLB 2k Game should I pick up.

I know 2K12 brand new is going to run me some serious coin. But can I pick up something like 2K10 or 2K11 and download some up to date rosters and have a good gaming experience or is 2K12 above and beyond the one to get if I can save the cash?

Last edited by EliteCena92; 04-24-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Which 2K baseball game would be right for me

2k12 is probably the best 2k baseball game in years, with a good set of sliders and a decent set of rosters...you can really have a pretty realistic and enjoyable franchise experience (if that's your thing)

But having said that, if your looking for value...2k11 isn't a horrible game and would probably be about $20-30 cheaper than buying the new game outright
Old 04-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber35
2k12 is probably the best 2k baseball game in years, with a good set of sliders and a decent set of rosters...you can really have a pretty realistic and enjoyable franchise experience (if that's your thing)

But having said that, if your looking for value...2k11 isn't a horrible game and would probably be about $20-30 cheaper than buying the new game outright
Franchise mode is definitely my thing and if I can get any good at the gameplay I would likely put a few hours into that as well.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
Rookie

Also, with the PC Modding community is it possible to get maybe like 2K11 or 2K10 and have it updated and looking nice?
Old 04-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

If you can live without the new feature in 2K12 having to do with tracking pitchers' thrown pitches, then get 2K11. Same game really, and no significant difference between the two games other than that. PC mods are available at MVP mods.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
If you can live without the new feature in 2K12 having to do with tracking pitchers' thrown pitches, then get 2K11. Same game really, and no significant difference between the two games other than that. PC mods are available at MVP mods.
That is quite the cool feature.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:13 AM   #7
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats

It's posts and reviews like this that talked me into going for MLB 2K11 instead of 2K12. I bought a brand new copy offline, never been opened for $14. I am throwing it in tomorrow, and embarking on my journey with the Royals, since I've already started losing hope for 2012.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcordloh
It's posts and reviews like this that talked me into going for MLB 2K11 instead of 2K12. I bought a brand new copy offline, never been opened for $14. I am throwing it in tomorrow, and embarking on my journey with the Royals, since I've already started losing hope for 2012.
I'm thinking of finding a PC copy of 2K11 and playing Franchise until I can get a controller.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »