Home

Just played a quick 5 mins at Best Buy..

This is a discussion on Just played a quick 5 mins at Best Buy.. within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-02-2012, 12:13 AM   #1
Rookie

josef's Arena

OVR: 5
Just played a quick 5 mins at Best Buy..

They had a 360 setup with 2K12 (i went to play the Show but they didn't have it.. haha). I was Very pleasantly surprised with 2k12. The commentary was superb (we know this) but MAN the animations were really smooth. It seems even a bit more polished than the demo. I bought a PS3 for the Show about 3 years ago but may wait til the Show goes on sale and stick with 2K12 for a while. 2k12 has a real fun factor that I just can't shake. They really fleshed out a lot of the little issues I had with the game last year. I'm loving the throw meter and the risk/reward with infield plays. I also love that it's actually possible to make a diving catch in the outfield. That always seemed so tough in the Show. We have two great baseball games this year, no doubt about it. They're both very different for sure, but I don't think the 360 owners can whine much this year. Just my humble opinion.

Looking forward to Tuesday!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2012, 04:40 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Just played a quick 5 mins at Best Buy..

Not that I hope for, but did you notice if the baseball physics is any better than in the demo? My biggest annoyance was seeing a ball gliding on the ground like an hockey puck instead of rolling.
Thanks.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #3
Rookie

josef's Arena

OVR: 5
I didn't notice anything that looked unusual, but my playtime was brief. I just know the animations looked a Lot smoother than last years. I try not to nitpick things.. it was fun, and looks like a solid title this year. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 11

I also got to play a full game as the Pirates vs Miami. First a few things that bothered me:
1). Runners still don't always run through first base! I don't get that part. It seems that if its a definite out then they dog it.

2). Jaggies on the shadows are still there. I played this on a Samsung LED so I dont know if that had anything to do with it or not. On the demo I dont see them as much on my Samsung 50" 1080p plasma.

3). The AI on All Star made two costly errors in the outfield! Both were diving attemps and they came up short. I turned one into a triple and the last one was an in the park HR with McCutchen.. This won the game for me in the 9th! It was great to see but two in one game was a bummer I guess.

Now the good stuff!

This is much improved over last year! the commentary is simply amazing and the camera angles are really cool. There is a new one for defense called dynamic and you can adjust the height and zoom again. It looks really good but still not on par with the other game.

There are a lot more animations and stuff that is not in the demo! Plus it just looks better to me! The pitching was awesome and the commentary went right long with it! In the demo it seems like you could only throw a few of the same pitches before it was getting noticed. Maybe because it was a full game but it seemed like it was more lenient before adjusted my pitch ratings or making them yellow or red.

I changed the pitch speeds for both the AI and myself and it was a blast even with the few annoying occurrences. One more thing the player faces are more updated in retail copy. I played three inning with cardinals and texans just to see and Hamilton looks way better.

I will post 3 pics i took soon. thanks, Blitz
Old 03-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
Rookie

cbnj06's Arena

OVR: 2

I also saw they updated the uniforms as well. Finally! Some teams don't have all their away uniforms but you def get more choices than you did in mlb 2k10 and 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Did players have the correct hats for their pictures? Barmes, Reyes, Barajas?
Old 03-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #7
Pro

Sorry the pics are so big! How do i make them smaller? When i view them on my laptop they are smaller and look good.

I don't know about those types of details as far as hats in stuff goes. I just play the game for what it is... I wouldn't know if they where right or wrong! lol
Old 03-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #8
Pro

Try this again....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20120302-00214.jpg (52.8 KB, 388 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20120302-00215.jpg (66.0 KB, 378 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20120302-00216.jpg (44.8 KB, 376 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »