Home

Force Trade setting to "On." Is it acceptable?

This is a discussion on Force Trade setting to "On." Is it acceptable? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-18-2011, 05:43 PM   #1
Banned

tKlausEffect's Arena

OVR: 1
Force Trade setting to "On." Is it acceptable?

I have decided to begin a new franchise and have been toying with the idea of turning the force trade option to on. I am not a fan of fake bogus unfair trades to build an all star team, but I've noticed that the AI will NEVER trade certain young superstars even if they clearly cannot afford them, the most notible being Felix Hernandez in Seattle.
Is turning the force trade option to on just plain wrong or acceptable as long as the user makes a good faith effort to make a fair trade? As a test I started a franchise with Boston and assembled a deal of Bucholtz, Ellsbury and ANY other player on the roster in the third spot for only Felix Hernandez and it was never even considered by the cpu. For the most part, it seems that the cpu runs it's teams smartly with trades and signings but it just LOVES certain players enough to never part with them. In the real world, if Boston or New York wants King Felix, they will have him, ESPECIALLY for a cannot refuse deal including Clay Bucholtz AND Jacoby ELLSBURY.
Can I force trades without guilt or would this be sport simulation taboo??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Force Trade setting to "On." Is it acceptable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tKlausEffect
I have decided to begin a new franchise and have been toying with the idea of turning the force trade option to on. I am not a fan of fake bogus unfair trades to build an all star team, but I've noticed that the AI will NEVER trade certain young superstars even if they clearly cannot afford them, the most notible being Felix Hernandez in Seattle.
Is turning the force trade option to on just plain wrong or acceptable as long as the user makes a good faith effort to make a fair trade? As a test I started a franchise with Boston and assembled a deal of Bucholtz, Ellsbury and ANY other player on the roster in the third spot for only Felix Hernandez and it was never even considered by the cpu. For the most part, it seems that the cpu runs it's teams smartly with trades and signings but it just LOVES certain players enough to never part with them. In the real world, if Boston or New York wants King Felix, they will have him, ESPECIALLY for a cannot refuse deal including Clay Bucholtz AND Jacoby ELLSBURY.
Can I force trades without guilt or would this be sport simulation taboo??
Sounds fair to me as long you don't make trades that goes your way too much.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:09 PM   #3
Banned

Hal Fowler's Arena

OVR: 0

It's your game, play it how you want.

That said, Seattle is not trading Hernandez in real life.

Turning it to on eliminates an part of the game that might be fun for some, but not for others. If you want it to be super realistic, the CPU will never handle trades well. But if you are looking for a strategy game based on baseball, then it can be a fun part of the game.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:13 PM   #4
Banned

tKlausEffect's Arena

OVR: 1

It's not like I'd take the Crew and trade Chris Narveson for Felix straight up, but c'mon, Seattle denied sending him to LA for Kemp AND Ethier. Really? In summary, this game has a giant mancrush on Felix....ummm, or maybe I do.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:35 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Fowler
It's your game, play it how you want.

That said, Seattle is not trading Hernandez in real life.

Turning it to on eliminates an part of the game that might be fun for some, but not for others. If you want it to be super realistic, the CPU will never handle trades well. But if you are looking for a strategy game based on baseball, then it can be a fun part of the game.
I agree. I like the ability to make a deal that makes sense all around if necessary, though I don't recall ever needing it. No reason not to have the option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2011, 09:57 PM   #6
Rookie

tlavway's Arena

The game seems to have a list of "untochable" players so that you cant rip teams off for their superstars like you can in other sports titles such as NBA 2k11. If you turn edit cpu rosters on you can also make it so that Seattle would be the team offering the trade therefore you can give them a fair deal. If you use this option you can also release good free agents at the end of the year before they get resigned and make blockbuster trades between cpu controlled teams
Old 08-22-2011, 08:03 AM   #7
Banned

Hal Fowler's Arena

As I said, it's your game and you should play it how you want. Force trades on will allow you to do that.

But in reality, no. LA is not sending Kemp and Eihier to Seattle for King Felix. the fact that the game would not do this is a good thing, not bad.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #8
Rookie

On the note of CPU trading, it is weird that I am 1.5 seasons into a franchise and there has yet to be one trade by any CPU teams and there has only been one offered to me?

That offer came in the pre-season of season #2.

Is there a theory to what franchise options should be on or off?

Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »