Home

The framerate drop in late innings is infuriating

This is a discussion on The framerate drop in late innings is infuriating within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-01-2011, 12:32 AM   #1
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10
The framerate drop in late innings is infuriating

seriously, how has this not been addressed? The frame-rate drops in the late innings of games almost constantly. It usually only happens if youve been playing the whole game, rather than loading a save from a game that was saved/quitted.

Its infuriating, and tbh it ruins the game for me. How is it possible that 2k11 is glitchier than 2k9 and 2k10 combined?! So disappointing.

Theory:
From what I've gathered from my own problems/what others have said:

- The framerate will drop in only certain stadiums. (known stadiums: Braves, Mets, Angels).
- The framerate drop is due to pitchers warming up in the bullpen (occurs whenever a pitcher has to warm up). Does not matter whether its the AI or Human warming someone up.
- The framerate (usually) returns to normal or tolerable levels after the pitcher is in the game and no longer in the pen. It doesnt happen everytime though.
- Active bullpen off seems to help somewhat.

Confirmed Stadiums with this Problem
- Citi Field (Mets)
- Turner Field (Braves)
- Angels Stadium (Angels)
- PNC Park (Pirates)

Stadiums with minor framerate issues late in games, but not full out problem:
- Chase Field (Diamondbacks): Framerate is only an issue with certain pitches for some reason.
- Royals Stadium (Royals): Two pitchers have to be warming up in the pen for the framerate to slow down, as opposed to one.
- Oriole Park (Orioles): Happens rarely, but can happen if many pitchers are warming up.

I havent tested every stadium, but its alarming how many are affected. Too bad 2k isnt putting out another patch for this game.

Last edited by Wavebird99; 08-11-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 12:39 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: The framerate drop in late innings is infuriating

I might be out in left field on this (pardon the pun) but I've wondered if it has anything to do with pitchers warming up in the bullpen...

Again, this may have absolutely nothing to do with this, but it is frustrating. It's one of the things that changes late in the game so I didn't know if this had anything to do with it. If I'm a moron here, just disregard.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:12 AM   #3
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

Im wondering if it has anything to do with pressing a to skip the little things the batters and pitchers do often etc. Sometimes I noticed slow down right after I've been skipping there walkups or a catcher throwing the pitcher back the ball.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebird99
Im wondering if it has anything to do with pressing a to skip the little things the batters and pitchers do often etc. Sometimes I noticed slow down right after I've been skipping there walkups or a catcher throwing the pitcher back the ball.
I don't know because I do this the ENTIRE game and nothing happens until around the 7th or 8th innings. The only thing that seems different is having bullpen pitchers warming up in the background. But again, who knows.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:20 PM   #5
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

does it happen every game for you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2011, 11:39 PM   #6
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

It just considerably dropped for me in the 5th inning. Does this seriously not happen to many other people?

also mk - it coincided with someone warming in the pen. you might be on to something

Last edited by Wavebird99; 07-02-2011 at 11:46 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:24 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

This was driving me crazy also, but there's a way to fix it.

The stuttering is triggered by having the hitting/pitching cam behind the pitcher. Personally, I believe it has to do with the increased crowd animations late in games.

If you pitch and/or hit with the camera behind the catcher, you will not see any stuttering. Not sure if you have to have hurry-up selected as well, but I always do.

I know for a fact that hurry-up plus behind-the-pitcher cam = stuttering.

But hurry-up plus behind-the-catcher cam = guaranteed no stuttering.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:55 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

^ May be so, but I LOVE the unique camera angles and I'm willing to deal with this. I don't want to pitch from the camera viewpoint that you're suggesting so I'll survive. I still think the bullpen's have something to do with this because WHY would it just start up in those late innings??

We need some more feedback on this, and I would ask that some people just try a "throw away" game where they let the starter pitch a complete game (forgetting about the stats) and NO pitchers in the bullpen. I'd be curious to see if this has any impact on those late innings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »