Home

Base Running in My Player

This is a discussion on Base Running in My Player within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-09-2011, 12:20 PM   #1
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19
Base Running in My Player

Does anyone have any tips for running the bases once the ball is put in play?

From my experience, once the ball is hit, I haven't the slightest clue where it is going due to the behind the player camera angle. I can't tell a hit from an out and I can't tell and pop up to the SS from a line drive off the fence. The only time I get a little hint is if I have runners on base and I can cheat and look up on the PIP base-runner screen and see what they are doing. Usually, though, I end up just running on everything.

It is also having an impact on my Runs score, which is way low due to the fact that i either run into outs or retreat back to a base when I should be scoring or advancing.

I wish that once the ball went into play, they switched to a more dynamic camera angle that let us both track our runner as well as the ball...IMO, this is a huge flaw in this game mode, unless there is a fix that I am not aware of. I've tried to change camera angles, but the ability to change is greyed out.

I posted this in the My Player thread, but not sure if that is where it belongs as it's not specifically related to the guy I created...was hoping to get more eyes on it by posting it here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2011, 07:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Base Running in My Player

I totally have the same problem. I feel like the only way that it could be fixed is if they had a better camera angle that focused on getting cues from your third base coach. Of course, if they were going to do that, they would have to make it so the third base coach signaled before whatever it is needs to be done (ever noticed how late the third base coach is all of the time?)
Old 06-11-2011, 04:36 AM   #3
Banned

Sabo's corked Bat's Arena

Well, you have to know baseball and situations first. Secondly you can hold back on the stick and move the camera to get a better view. The first thing you should look for is if the ball is going to be in the air, or on the ground, secondly, where its hit at in regards to the diamond.

If Im on 3rd with one out and a right hander on the mound and i have a three step lead off, I'm not going to make a move for home if the ball is a hard grounder in between SS and 3rd. You would however move on a chopper to 2nd, or 1st. You can also usually hear if a hit ball will land as a hit etc. Lead offs are important, how and when to use them even more so.

One thing I do like about the new AI in the patch is when Im on third with less than 2 outs and B Phillips is up, hell always lay down that bunt for the squeeze play.

Last edited by Sabo's corked Bat; 06-11-2011 at 04:40 AM.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

I understand baseball fine (at least I hope I do being that I played through college). That is not the issue. The problem is if I am standing on second with no outs and the guy hits the ball on the ground or in the air, I can't see what happens to it once it gets beyond my player. I don't know if it was scooped up by an infielder or went through the hole. I can't tell if it's a shallow pop up or a ball to the gap. Once the ball is out of the screen...it's a complete mystery to me.

The camera angles, IMO, just aren't condusive to what it's like to run the bases. All you see is the next base, not what a runner would see.

Example...in real life if you are on first and the guy hits a ball to right center, as you run to second, you can peak and see where the ball is and where the fielder is and decide to hold up or continue to third...and then as you round second, you pick up your base coach to see if you are scoring or not...this just doesn't happen in the game.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:34 PM   #5
Banned

Sabo's corked Bat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
I understand baseball fine (at least I hope I do being that I played through college). That is not the issue. The problem is if I am standing on second with no outs and the guy hits the ball on the ground or in the air, I can't see what happens to it once it gets beyond my player. I don't know if it was scooped up by an infielder or went through the hole. I can't tell if it's a shallow pop up or a ball to the gap. Once the ball is out of the screen...it's a complete mystery to me.

The camera angles, IMO, just aren't condusive to what it's like to run the bases. All you see is the next base, not what a runner would see.

Example...in real life if you are on first and the guy hits a ball to right center, as you run to second, you can peak and see where the ball is and where the fielder is and decide to hold up or continue to third...and then as you round second, you pick up your base coach to see if you are scoring or not...this just doesn't happen in the game.
if you've played baseball and know the situations and where the fielders are, then you should be good. Like I said, pull out on the camera. I have no problem with this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2011, 05:09 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

The camera angle definitely makes it tougher than it should be. I've been doubled up on line drives more times than I can count (usually due to my own stupidity).

If anyone else is one base, watch the baserunners/diamond graphic to see if others runners are advancing. In my experience, the other guys never get doubled off on line drives, so I just follow their lead.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:24 PM   #7
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leebuchanan
The camera angle definitely makes it tougher than it should be. I've been doubled up on line drives more times than I can count (usually due to my own stupidity).

If anyone else is one base, watch the baserunners/diamond graphic to see if others runners are advancing. In my experience, the other guys never get doubled off on line drives, so I just follow their lead.
Yeah definitely easier with runners on base.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »