Home

Weirdest glitch I've seen...

This is a discussion on Weirdest glitch I've seen... within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-20-2011, 09:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Weirdest glitch I've seen...

I don't even know how to reproduce it...but I was playing a game last night in my franchise...Mets (me) vs. Yanks.

I was having a good game hitting the ball, was winning 11-3 i think, 8th inning and I think there were 2 outs, the starter was out and they used at least 3 relievers, when they went to the bullpen again and brought in Bartolo Colon.

Now's the weird part...he didn't have a glove and wouldn't throw a pitch. He just stood there square to the plate making slight movements, none of which were a pitching motion, and no, he wasn't giving the finger, haha!

The catcher was in catching position with his glove extended out as if he were waiting for the pitch.

I tried pausing to save the game, but because he was technically mid-pitch, the save option wasn't available.

I waited for 15 minutes to see if anything would kick in, but nothing. So I had to quit the game and lose some nice stats.

Anyone ever seen this before? I would assume this is considered almost as bad as the freezing?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2011, 10:45 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Weirdest glitch I've seen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledge4
I don't even know how to reproduce it...but I was playing a game last night in my franchise...Mets (me) vs. Yanks.

I was having a good game hitting the ball, was winning 11-3 i think, 8th inning and I think there were 2 outs, the starter was out and they used at least 3 relievers, when they went to the bullpen again and brought in Bartolo Colon.

Now's the weird part...he didn't have a glove and wouldn't throw a pitch. He just stood there square to the plate making slight movements, none of which were a pitching motion, and no, he wasn't giving the finger, haha!

The catcher was in catching position with his glove extended out as if he were waiting for the pitch.

I tried pausing to save the game, but because he was technically mid-pitch, the save option wasn't available.

I waited for 15 minutes to see if anything would kick in, but nothing. So I had to quit the game and lose some nice stats.

Anyone ever seen this before? I would assume this is considered almost as bad as the freezing?

Thanks!
I've seen something similar where the CPU wouldn't throw a pitch after opening up an IE report. Go to options and "switch sides" and move to the other teams side for a pitch then switch back. Should fix it.
NBA: Charlotte Hornets
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 05-20-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
Rookie

That was something I tried as well, but the option was not active. I assume it was again because he was considered to be pitching.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:42 AM   #4
Rookie

The_Mossberg500's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazzen
I've seen something similar where the CPU wouldn't throw a pitch after opening up an IE report. Go to options and "switch sides" and move to the other teams side for a pitch then switch back. Should fix it.
Yeah, or if you're lazy, just sim to the next batter, LOL
Old 05-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mossberg500
Yeah, or if you're lazy, just sim to the next batter, LOL
I'm pretty sure the sim option isnt available when the pitcher is in mid-pitch form though... I could be wrong.
Dallas Mavericks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2011, 02:14 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStars15
I'm pretty sure the sim option isnt available when the pitcher is in mid-pitch form though... I could be wrong.

Yeah, its not. The game "thinks" that the pitcher is pitching, therefore there is nothing you can really do.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:54 PM   #7
Rookie

Similar thing happened to me a couple of days ago. I was playing against the A's and Matsui was batting. The camera showed him doing some pre-bat movements and zoomed in on him and that was it. He was looking straight into the cam and nothing happened for like 10 minutes. I even switched sides but when I came back to the game it was still the same. Had to quit the game, glad that it was in the 1st inning.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:48 PM   #8
Rookie

Wonder if this is something that should be brought to 2k11 people? Maybe they can figure out what is happening.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »