Home

Advice: Buy 2k11 or 2k10?

This is a discussion on Advice: Buy 2k11 or 2k10? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
Rookie

mierk's Arena

OVR: 4
Icon5 Advice: Buy 2k11 or 2k10?

So with the recent breakup of my family, I find myself with extra time on my hands to game since I don't have my son full time. I haven't bought a baseball game in years, but I'm thinking about picking one up. Can anyone give an opinion on whether it's worth it to get MLB 2k11, or am I safe just going with last year's version and saving some dough? I'm strictly a single player, offline, franchise kind of guy, so stuff like multiplayer and online bells and whistles are irrelevant to me. Were there enough improvements made from year to year to make it worth paying the premium for the latest game? Thanks for any feedback you guys can provide.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Advice: Buy 2k11 or 2k10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mierk
So with the recent breakup of my family, I find myself with extra time on my hands to game since I don't have my son full time. I haven't bought a baseball game in years, but I'm thinking about picking one up. Can anyone give an opinion on whether it's worth it to get MLB 2k11, or am I safe just going with last year's version and saving some dough? I'm strictly a single player, offline, franchise kind of guy, so stuff like multiplayer and online bells and whistles are irrelevant to me. Were there enough improvements made from year to year to make it worth paying the premium for the latest game? Thanks for any feedback you guys can provide.
2K10 had some serious bugs involving animations, which resulted in errors and injures never happening while playing games. Those bugs were never fixed. Which dissapointed many.

So I would go with 2K11, just based on the fact that it has less bugs than 2K10. (especially after todays patch.)

Sorry about the family issues. A guy at work went through something similar last year, and was pretty broken up over not seeing his kids except on weekends. But he's in a much better frame of mind now... so hang in there.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

Very sorry to hear that man.

Agree with kpkpkp, 2K11 is really a polished 2k10 and more enjoyable for it. You don't really miss out anything on skipping last years version, more gain things!
Old 05-18-2011, 05:24 PM   #4
Rookie

mierk's Arena

Thanks for the advice. I'm still debating, since I can get last year's version for about $15, while I haven't found the new game cheaper than $45. I have more time to play, but I'm not sure I've got THAT much more time.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:57 PM   #5
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mierk
Thanks for the advice. I'm still debating, since I can get last year's version for about $15, while I haven't found the new game cheaper than $45. I have more time to play, but I'm not sure I've got THAT much more time.
I couldn't go back to 2K10 after playing 2K11. It's definitely worth the extra money IMO. Also, the PC version is only like $19.99.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2011, 10:10 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

2k11 is light years ahead of 2k10 in the gameplay department.

1.) 2k10's hit variety is not good at all.
2.) 2k10's AI management is well below that of 2k11.
3.) The lighting and graphics are better in 2k11.

I could go on, but my advice would be to get 2k11 it is a much better representation of baseball and in turn more fun. Of course, if you are a very casual fan of baseball and hard up for cash then 2k10 would be an ok choice.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:16 PM   #7
Rookie

2K10 is an 'ok' game, but 2K11 is sooo much better. Game play is far better and more realistic and also Franchise Mode/ My Player are actually good in this game.

If you enjoy either of those modes then 2K10 will disappoint because it has a serious progression problem that ruins realistic stats. After 1 year, ppl like Ortiz will have 20+ steals a year and every SP will walk 80+ batters a year.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:44 AM   #8
Banned

Sabo's corked Bat's Arena

OVR: 0

Its simple. 2K10 wasn't baseball, Im not really sure WTF it was? 2K11 is very, very close to baseball.

Some serious things still stick out though. For example there is no weather. No variation in that department at all. No rain, no fog, no cold weather or hot weather effecting pitches, no sun glare, no light glare or losing balls other than errors. These are all small, but the next step. We obviously need warnings and ejections. I get hit like it was 68' and I just homered on Gibson.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »