Home

5 Star Player Trade Difficulty?

This is a discussion on 5 Star Player Trade Difficulty? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-12-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
5 Star Player Trade Difficulty?

I'm all for video games becoming more and more true to life. Big proponent of it. However, when it comes to MLB2K11, I'm getting a little bit frustrated. I realize that it's not likely the Cardinals would trade Albert Pujols, but the matter has been discussed. However, when I attempt to trade for him in this video game, it's not even a discussion. I've even gone so far as to offer Cano, Texeira and Rodriguez. There are a number of players like this. Votto, Heyward, Kershaw, Halladay, Lee, H. Ramirez, M. Cabrera, etc. Am I the only guy that's having this problem or is everyone else just willing to overlook it? I usually play franchise modes and this just makes it less fun. It's not as if I'm offering illegitimate deals either. There are just certain players that seemingly cannot be traded. Players that I have gotten though - N. Walker, C. Rasmus, S. Castro, E. Andrus, P. Fielder, P. Alvarez, A. Champman, D. Hudson, B. Matusz, etc. So, can anyone offer me a solution or is this just something I'm going to have to deal with? Thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: 5 Star Player Trade Difficulty?

Use the trade override option in franchise mode.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
Rookie

SynShadowzz's Arena

OVR: 3

OP, I don't think any team not residing in New York or Boston could afford Cano, Teixeira, and ARod...

You have to consider the financial side of things too. There are such things as "untouchables" in the MLB. I wouldn't trade Joey Votto either, or Heyward, or Kershaw, etc...

They're superstars in the making, not just "really good young guys." You know?
Old 05-12-2011, 05:11 PM   #4
Banned

I suppose I failed to mention that I don't really want to use the overruling option. To me, that just feels like cheating. I'm not into that.

And of course I understand the concept of "untouchables," but if the Reds were offered A-Rod, Cano and Tex for Votto, I'm pretty sure they'd make the deal as long as they could stay under budget. However, as far as the budget thing goes, I have personally gone over budget a number of times. At that point, I'm simply unable to make any moves that would not send my team back under budget. Also, I've seen a number of CPU teams go over their budget. I'm not sure if that's a glitch or what.

The result is that I typically end up with essentially the same team every single time and it's just not that much fun.

C - Martin/Santana/Wieters, 1B - Fielder, 2B - Espinosa/Uggla, 3B - Alvarez, SS - Castro/Andrus, LF - Ramirez, CF - Rasmus, RF - Guerrero, SP - Chapman, Matusz, Hudson, Hill....., SU - Soriano, CL - Feliz

Boy, you know, maybe once or twice it might be nice to have Mauer at catcher or Cabrera at first. I could even put Heyward in right and Holliday in left. If I really wanted to get crazy, maybe I'd even put Longoria at third. Of course, I realize, realistically, not every team has the money to do that sort of thing. But, when you start winning and the budget increases, then you could start to go this route.

Now, the only positive thing I've heard about this is that it is sometimes easier to trade for players closer to the trade deadline. I haven't looked into that yet, but I'm going to try and do so tonight. Hopefully that will get me somewhere. If not, I guess I'll just have to sit and hope for a patch update or feel like I kinda' wasted my money.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:03 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

I can't change the way you prefer to play but I always play franchise with forced trades turned on for this very reason. It's only "unfair" if you use it to build an all-star team (but even then, play however you want to play...regardless of realism) but even with the CPU trade finder there are plenty of trades that would never happen in real-life (and the computer doesn't even offer trades for minor leaguers, which is where most of the real-life trade action happens). So if you are seriously frustrated with the game over this issue, clearly the easiest thing to do is turn on forced trades.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2011, 08:43 AM   #6
Rookie

SynShadowzz's Arena

OVR: 3

"And of course I understand the concept of "untouchables," but if the Reds were offered A-Rod, Cano and Tex for Votto, I'm pretty sure they'd make the deal as long as they could stay under budget."

That's exactly the problem, they couldn't stay "under budget."

Joey Votto is due to make:
$5.5 M in 2011
$9.5 M in 2012
$17 M in 2013

Robinson Cano is due to make:
$10 M in 2011
$14 M in 2012 (club option)
$15 M in 2013 (club option)

Mark Teixeira is due to make:
$22.5 M in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016

Alex Rodriguez is due to make:
$31 M in 2011
$29 M in 2012
$28 M in 2013
$25 M in 2014
$21 M in 2015
$20 M in 2016
$20 M in 2017

So from this we now know that the Reds would give up $32 M in total contract, and obtain $348 million in total contracts. A gain of $316 million dollars.

I can tell you with certainty that the Reds would never, in a million years, make that trade.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #7
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

The same thing goes for prospects that are 'possible' 5 stars... Bryce Harper, etc....

The game keeps it realistic...

I am using the Indians and I put up Hafner and Sizemore for trade bait... Ended up getting Granderson and Ivan Nova from the Yankees...

I like the current trade logic. Keeps me from being cheesy.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:15 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Well Im not sure about the rest of the people on this board but Im usually the one trading Pujols...I like to rebuild teams like the Cardinals. The only problem Im finding is you never find any power hitting prospects in the draft

Games: Madden 13, MLB 2k12, NBA 2k13, NHL 13, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2, AC3, DW6 Empires, and Max Payne 3

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »