Home

Old 03-27-2011, 12:33 PM   #1
MVP

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9
prospects

So whats the deal with prospects in the game? Take for example, the Royals. If I start an opening day franchise, will the fake prospects in the game approximate the Royals prospects in real life? I realize they won't be perfect, but a lot of teams have MLB-ready guys that will factor into their seasons this year. Are they, can they or will they be accurately represented in the game.

Yes, I am aware that players cannot have their name and likeness in the game until they have been to the majors and have completed their Players Association paperwork.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: prospects

On the subject of not being able to use real prospects, is there any reason why they couldn't also get a licence for the minor league equivalent of the MLBPA (I'm fairly sure there is one)?
Old 03-27-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
Banned

Sabo's corked Bat's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
On the subject of not being able to use real prospects, is there any reason why they couldn't also get a licence for the minor league equivalent of the MLBPA (I'm fairly sure there is one)?
There isn't, I dont beleive. That's why no college game has ever had real named players. The prospects are real for the most part, just with different names. You can usually just change them yourself without too much trouble. I did so with the Reds Catcher prospect.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:25 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

In-game prospects approximating their real-life counterparts I have found to be hit and miss. Some seem to closely mimic real guys (right down to birthday and ht/wt) but most just seem fairly random. If you are hoping to go deep into a franchise I suggest editing players names and a few attributes to best mimic the guys you want to see come up. Even though I haven't played a Royals chise, I still edited a couple of guys to make Moose and Hosmer just so they would be playing. There didn't seem to be any near counterparts for them, unfortunately.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:56 AM   #5
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Just download one of the rosters through 2kshare with some edited prospects.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2011, 08:30 PM   #6
MVP

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
Just download one of the rosters through 2kshare with some edited prospects.
I was hoping to stick with the 2k rosters throughout the season kind of.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:22 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 14

Well if you stick with the 2k rosters (MLB Today), they'll add a prospect provided he gets called up to the big league club (since obviously with MLB Today, that's all that matters). Otherwise, in franchise may as well download/edit one to start with. That's how I got Shelby Miller in my Cards franchise.

And the Cards minor leaguers are all screwed up, though they've got a good deal of 5 star prospects (unlike real life...).
Go STL Rams...please don't get Sam Bradford killed...
Old 03-31-2011, 06:19 PM   #8
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabo's corked Bat
There isn't, I dont beleive. That's why no college game has ever had real named players. The prospects are real for the most part, just with different names. You can usually just change them yourself without too much trouble. I did so with the Reds Catcher prospect.

That is a separate issue....an amateur/pro thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »