Home

Baserunning question.

This is a discussion on Baserunning question. within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-08-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Baserunning question.

If I'm on second and I get a base hit to the outfield, what buttons do I press to send the 2nd base runner home? Controlling multiple baser unners is giving me problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2011, 12:35 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Baserunning question.

Your right thumb stick controls which base they run to. make sure your player is highlighted, and if you want to send him home, press down.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:08 AM   #3
Rookie

ericdrum's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonw2
If I'm on second and I get a base hit to the outfield, what buttons do I press to send the 2nd base runner home? Controlling multiple baser unners is giving me problems.
By default, the lead runner (runner at second) will be selected. For me I'd just pull the left trigger once which will change the runner's icon to 'H' and he's heading home. If by chance, you wanted to send him home and also send the batter to second, you could just click the left bumper once and ALL runner would advance an extra base. The key for me and my baserunning is remembering that the lead runner is selected by default and I just use the left trigger to advance one and right to retreat one.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:31 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdrum
By default, the lead runner (runner at second) will be selected. For me I'd just pull the left trigger once which will change the runner's icon to 'H' and he's heading home. If by chance, you wanted to send him home and also send the batter to second, you could just click the left bumper once and ALL runner would advance an extra base. The key for me and my baserunning is remembering that the lead runner is selected by default and I just use the left trigger to advance one and right to retreat one.
Bingo, always use the triggers or the bumpers to advance runners. Sometimes if I have 1st and 3rd, and hit a ball to the wall, I tap the bumper three times to send everyone home, and then press A to select the batter, and then tap the right trigger twice, telling him to stay on second.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:39 AM   #5
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful Cubsfan
Bingo, always use the triggers or the bumpers to advance runners. Sometimes if I have 1st and 3rd, and hit a ball to the wall, I tap the bumper three times to send everyone home, and then press A to select the batter, and then tap the right trigger twice, telling him to stay on second.
Same here. Works great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2011, 11:25 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

thanks. I've always had trouble juggling several baserunners at once. I wish they had a CPU controlled baserunner option like in the old High Heat games. I'm getting the hang of it though.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:34 AM   #7
Rookie

ericdrum's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
thanks. I've always had trouble juggling several baserunners at once. I wish they had a CPU controlled baserunner option like in the old High Heat games. I'm getting the hang of it though.
I've only played the Show the past 3 years and I used auto baserunning then. However, I really like the system in 2k11. Once you get the hang of it, I think you will be happy to have some control on being aggressive or conservative at your own will without having to put too much thought into it.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:45 AM   #8
Rookie

tsbraves's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
jason, I'm with you on being somewhat frustrated but mine comes from the fact that often on a clear base hit my runner (for example) on 2nd automatically heads back to second. This even happens with 2 out! By the time I hit the trigger to get him going it's far too late to try and score him. I can't figure out how to get the runner going immediately on impact. I've lost several runs this way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »