Home

MLB2K11 Franchise Progress

This is a discussion on MLB2K11 Franchise Progress within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-21-2011, 11:30 AM   #1
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Exclamation MLB2K11 Franchise Progress

Until the game comes out, lets discuss the team you want to play as, and moves you plan on making etc.

Once the game is out, discuss anything you want about what is going on in your franchise.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2011, 11:59 AM   #2
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB2K11 Franchise Progress

Nice call getting this going JBH.

I'm really planning on using the Yankees, and possibly trying to get them some good pitching through trades as the season progresses. Definitely gonna be interesting playing with them. Who knows, maybe Mitre and Nova will come through even.

If I get slightly bored with them I'll probably do an all-30 team franchise, making realistic trades etc.

Cant wait for this game. It really looks like they improved alot of stuff.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Definitely think I'm going to be doing a franchise as my Cubbies again. No idea really what I'm going to do besides enjoy playing with Castro and Colvin.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 02-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #4
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

I'm going to run with the Phillies, controlling all 30 MLB Teams. The Orioles are my fave AL team, and their power lineup does interest me...For now though gotta run w/ the Phillies since my favorite aspect of MLB2K11 has always been pitching, and there's plenty of it...

It's going to be interesting in a couple of areas w/ this Phillies team. . .

There's no righthanded power bat, and it seems as though I'll desperately need one. I'm going to try and deal w/ this internally, unless it presses as a need before the trade deadline. Ben Francisco will platoon in RF, and we'll see what his righthanded bat can do. I could look to fill in my RF platoon w/ a veteran free agent or a low-cost trade...

Interested in: Jose Guillen (FA), Xavier Nady (ARI), Nolan Reimold (BAL), Mark Teahen (CWS), Austin Kearns (CLE), Marcus Thames (LAD), Josh Willingham (OAK), Matt Diaz (Pitt), Ryan Ludwick (SD), Chris Denorfia (SD), Milton Bradley (SEA), Sean Rodrigues (TB), and Juan Rivera (TOR).

The same need may extend to the closer position as well...I think I could look internally much better if Lidge was not able to get it done. Ryan Madson would be next in line, then Jose Contreras, and then Danys Baez. Maybe the 43 yr old Trevor Hoffman could make a comeback? Who knows...
Old 02-21-2011, 12:39 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 13

I'm gonna roll with the A's. Gonna try to add a big bat so the team could be World Series Contenders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2011, 12:41 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 3

I'm going to use the Mets...They have a lot of work that needs to be done and I love making a team great...I don't like playing as teams that I KNOW I should make the playoffs with easy.

I'm going to keep these players all of the rest could be moved.

(1B) Ike Davis (SS) Jose Reyes (3B) DAVID WRIGHT (OF) Jason Bay (OF) Carlos Beltran (SP) Johan Santana.

I Can't wait to see how I'm going to fill in the rest but it should be a fun season just trying to win 80 games.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #7
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

I am getting those Rangers back to the big stage! Its gonna be a blast. Heres who I figure to be on my roster.

1B: Mitch moreland/Mike Napoli/Michael Young
2B: Ian Kinsler/Michael Young
3B: Adrian Beltre/Michael Young
SS: Elvis Andrus/Micahel Young
LF: Josh Hamilton/Murphy
CF: Borbon/Beltre (aa)/murphy
RF: Nelson Cruz/mitch moreland
C: Torrelba/treanor/napoli

1P CJ wilson
2P Brandon Webb
3P Colby LEwis
4P Tommy Hunter
5P Harrison/holland/feliz/ogando/kiker
Closer Feliz/rhodes/****

Got lots of Minor leagures I wanna look at in spring training as well as some small FA pickups that I might make but this is the base I will work with. At some point I would love to trade for a front line SP, but I will wait until trade deadline and work with what I got until then. Who knows, I might find a gem in this stafff!
Old 02-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
I'm going to run with the Phillies, controlling all 30 MLB Teams. The Orioles are my fave AL team, and their power lineup does interest me...For now though gotta run w/ the Phillies since my favorite aspect of MLB2K11 has always been pitching, and there's plenty of it...

It's going to be interesting in a couple of areas w/ this Phillies team. . .

There's no righthanded power bat, and it seems as though I'll desperately need one. I'm going to try and deal w/ this internally, unless it presses as a need before the trade deadline. Ben Francisco will platoon in RF, and we'll see what his righthanded bat can do. I could look to fill in my RF platoon w/ a veteran free agent or a low-cost trade...

Interested in: Jose Guillen (FA), Xavier Nady (ARI), Nolan Reimold (BAL), Mark Teahen (CWS), Austin Kearns (CLE), Marcus Thames (LAD), Josh Willingham (OAK), Matt Diaz (Pitt), Ryan Ludwick (SD), Chris Denorfia (SD), Milton Bradley (SEA), Sean Rodrigues (TB), and Juan Rivera (TOR).

The same need may extend to the closer position as well...I think I could look internally much better if Lidge was not able to get it done. Ryan Madson would be next in line, then Jose Contreras, and then Danys Baez. Maybe the 43 yr old Trevor Hoffman could make a comeback? Who knows...
As a Phillies fan I was hoping we would going to sign Willingham. But he ended up with the Old Philly team. I think I am going to try and trade for Juan Rivera, or pray that trade happens before MLB 2k11 ships! = )
UFC

Playing; NHL 13, MLB 2k13, WWE13, DMC, Tomb Raider

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »