Home

Thoughts on how much pitch control was affected

This is a discussion on Thoughts on how much pitch control was affected within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-24-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Thoughts on how much pitch control was affected

Yea i know there is a thread for the general patch but this is a very important part of it that needs it own,and im about tired of looking through 500 THEY DIDDNT FIX ERRORS OR INJURIES?!?!?!?!?!?!? posts to find something with content in it.

From as far i have seen,which is just and hour or 2 testing this specifically,i really dont see much of a difference at all,atleast not enough to effect the game to where walks come into play.Now i have seen alot of posts saying the exact opposite of what i just posted and i want to ask this question, are you sure you dont just really want it to work?Because i did, and at first i thought it was alot better until i read the above question last night,and then started to notice with like 5 mins of play time i was back to pinpointing everything again.I really hope after i sit down and play a full game i notice a bigger change cause that was and huge part of the patch for me.

Post your thought here plz and also did this patch fix the AI pitch managment(taking pitchers out when they should come out,PH for starters/relivers,using the right RP and not leavin them in the rest of the game ect)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Thoughts on how much pitch control was affected

So after playing with the fatigue meter turned up(wanted to see the affects of stamina)THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE!The first 2 innings were just going through the motions,the 3rd was when i hit about 50 on the energy.I was getting pretty close to perfect gestures and still missing,by alot. I acutally walked 2 guys in 1 inning,and i wasnt even trying to mess around,literaly went 2-0,then to 3-1,then 3-2 and missed with a 2smFB.I know sometimes people post the walked people and in our heads we all know that if you were really trying you dont walk people in this game.But it wasnt that.Pretty sweet i retract my prior statment about it not doin anything,maybe im too much of a negative nancy.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I feel like it has done something. Not so much in terms of walks but pitches being left over the plate. A lot more contact by the cpu and i have given up much more hits. (Before i would have a bunch of games where i would struggle to hit but stay in the game b/c i shut them down.)

this may have more to do with default field speed being so low. Perhaps ground balls that i could gather before aren't being caught.

To answer your other thread and question, i am noticing more pitcher subs. They would go on forever before the patch IMHO. not seeing many pitch hitters and they sub sometimes but i feel like they don't let me know what the other team is doing.

could be me, but the game is playable now.lol ... particularly b/c the base stealing is possible with a player even if he doesn't have 92+ speed.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:15 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

So pretty much the starting pitcher doesn't stay in the whole game and they now use relievers? Haven't had a chance to play with the new patch yet.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:18 PM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I don't think they patched cpu pitcher management. The biggest problem was that they leave the first reliever in far too long. They still don't bring in the closer properly imo.

I definitely feel pitch control was brought down. It's significant imo. While some may feel they didn't do enough it is still noticeable. I want a slider next year so we can tweak this ourselves. I have the pitch movement slider at 100 so I don't know if that affects this more. I do know that my fastball drifts in either direction now and much more than in the past. I actually walked two batters in the first three innings of a game post-patch. Pre-patch I probably walked one batter every 10+ games.

I do like they toned down the hit batters on pitches up and in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2010, 06:45 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChochHolla
I feel like it has done something. Not so much in terms of walks but pitches being left over the plate. A lot more contact by the cpu and i have given up much more hits. (Before i would have a bunch of games where i would struggle to hit but stay in the game b/c i shut them down.)

this may have more to do with default field speed being so low. Perhaps ground balls that i could gather before aren't being caught.

To answer your other thread and question, i am noticing more pitcher subs. They would go on forever before the patch IMHO. not seeing many pitch hitters and they sub sometimes but i feel like they don't let me know what the other team is doing.

could be me, but the game is playable now.lol ... particularly b/c the base stealing is possible with a player even if he doesn't have 92+ speed.
Yea i agree with the pitching part,you will get more walks,but not on a level that is Realistic to actual baseball.With more balls over the plate though you are able to lower your sliders so you can still strike guys out(i had to play with cpu contact at 65-70 for a challange and would only get 1-3 Ks a game)and not give up 14+ hits a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »