Home

PC Version... Modding? Tune file?

This is a discussion on PC Version... Modding? Tune file? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
PC Version... Modding? Tune file?

So I got the game for the $3 sale price and it seems to be a pretty good game, but there are some obvious flaws that could easily be fixed by modding or making changes to the "tune file" along the lines of the high heat series. I'm thinking for example about reducing the throwing power, or at least drastically increasing the gap between high and low ratings for throwing power.

But I don't see any way to make these sort of changes like you could with previous PC baseball games. So is there a way besides the in game sliders? Does 2k want to deliberately prevent people from making improvements to their game? I wasn't really following this forum when the game was first released so I may have missed some initial outcry, but what the status on modding the gameplay beyond in game sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2010, 03:23 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: PC Version... Modding? Tune file?

Honestly, I don't think there's any chance of a "tune file" being developed for 2k10. From my understanding, High Heat was a pretty easy game to mod, but the MVP's and 2k's are much tougher (besides things like stadiums, rosters, etc.). Our best bet is to wait for a PC patch (sometime this summer).
I paid $3 too, so I'm just enjoying the game for what it is, flaws and all.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:35 PM   #3
Rookie

That's really bad because this game would probably be great if it had these sorts of things. High heat was a legendary series mainly because of the ability to perfect the game over months of community testing. 2k is really hurting their own game by not realeasing these sorts of things. So many very simple fixes that they are deliberately preventing people from solving.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:05 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

I wish 2k10 had a datafile. I would have dived into that sucka awhile back. I did some work for mvp 2005 and you have to know what you're editing or else it can mess up the game. I tuned mvp back in 2008 and finally was able to achieve a datafile that produce more hit variety. 2k10 really needs to be modded or at least patched and it can be an ultimate game to play. There's just too many problems with it right now. Especially on the pc version, everytime I have a fast runner on first, and on every pitch that is not hit, the catcher throws to first. not a game killer but a little annoying.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:01 PM   #5
Rookie

It's amazing that 2k would want to deliberately nerf their own game from ever being great. Do they not understand that they could gain a huge fanbase without any work just by making the thing open to mods. There are so many problems that could easily be fixed. This was why the High Heat series produced the most realistic results and played better than any subsequent game. Because all these little obvious problems could be instantly corrected by the community. Looks like consoles kind of wrecked the game, just like the final version of high heat killed the series by catering to consoles...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2010, 09:42 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

Man... that Tune File brings me back fond memories for High Heat. What an awesome idea to make anyone a gameplay mod with just an easy text file to modify.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »