Home

Old 03-08-2010, 11:19 PM   #1
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22
Hitting...

Is the hitting mechanism broken in this game? I can get hits when pressing just forward but when trying power swings... the results are horrible.

I have played a few games using just power swing to get used to it and have hit 1 hr in like 8 games. I also have my hitting power sliders maxed and contact about 90%. Seems everything I hit is weaker with power than with just contact swings.

I don't get it.. I could hit in 2k9. I don't want to end up just pushing up for contact swings all the time. That would make hitting way too 1 dimensional since you don't have to aim your bat at the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 11:26 PM   #2
Go Titans..

OVR: 34
Re: Hitting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat9th
Is the hitting mechanism broken in this game? I can get hits when pressing just forward but when trying power swings... the results are horrible.

I have played a few games using just power swing to get used to it and have hit 1 hr in like 8 games. I also have my hitting power sliders maxed and contact about 90%. Seems everything I hit is weaker with power than with just contact swings.

I don't get it.. I could hit in 2k9. I don't want to end up just pushing up for contact swings all the time. That would make hitting way too 1 dimensional since you don't have to aim your bat at the ball.
This has been a major problem that most users have reported on this game. I've also have had the same problem, now maybe not as awful results as you have had (No offense), but its been pretty bad. I've had a handful of Home-Runs in my dynasty and I've 19 games in, hopefully 2K Sports can patch and fix mechanics.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:45 PM   #3
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

Thanks for the response.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:23 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat9th

Yo fellow Ichiro fan!

I am only playing on Pro setting with the M's in franchise and I moved my Contact to 40 and Power to 45. I seem to only be able to hit consistently with power swing. For example if I use Contact swing with Ichiro all game long, he will line out or ground out and go 0 for 5. But if i use Power Swing he will hit a solid line drive single to the outfield. Same with most of my hitters really. I think the key with power swings is you have to wait for a high pitch. If you power swing at a low pitch the result is usually some weak sauce pop up or something.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:28 AM   #5
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

Hmmm interesting..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2010, 12:49 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I rake on this game on All star default using mostly power swings and swing stick. This game has an awsome hitting system. U truley have to work the count and look for fat pitches. It's very rewarding when u get a grasp on it. Even then ur still gonna have off games.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:57 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 28

ONe thing i found out is you can time it right and still miss the ball. Its all about ratings in this game. If the IE data says your guy has trouble with a fast ball high and in, chances are he's not going to handle it well and will struggle to hit that pitch.

The hitting system in this game is tons harder then previous years, but its also done right.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:44 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 13

I don't have any problems with the hitting. I play Pro, and the hitting is the best I've seen in a long, long time in the series. I'm actually DRAWING WALKS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »