Home

What hitting will you use

This is a discussion on What hitting will you use within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 16
What hitting will you use

I will be using Classic for both hitting and pitching for the first time since the hit stick was released. With hit stick on, Jeter would only finish with 2-8 home runs at the end of the year because he will swing contact almost every time user controlled. With classic based on where the pitch is thrown and timing of the swing along with batters eye( i don't aim with LS) I have a fair chance of hitting 18-20.

2K sports...the only place where such things as errors can be "over looked" while making a baseball game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 06:30 PM   #2
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: What hitting will you use

Classic hitting and Total control pitching for me. Been doing that since 2k8.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'll use the swing stick all the time. I plan to use total control pitching till it aggravates the hell out of me then switch to classic.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:55 AM   #4
Os Before Hoes

True Talent's Arena

OVR: 5

Classic all the way.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:59 AM   #5
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

I think I'm going to have to go with classic hitting with that ugly bat icon. I was all hyped up about the swing stick and the new camera view, but I've played the demo 5 times and so far have made contact about 4 times with only 1 hit. I don't know if its the swing stick or the new camera view, but I can't read balls/strikes at all and the it is very very hard for me to judge the speed of the incoming pitch.

It's weird. I've never had trouble like this before with batting, but I'm just absolutely aweful. It's starting to make me reconsider getting the game until I hear how classic hitting is (there's been no info about it yet).

On the other more optimistic side, maybe once I change the camera angle back to how it was last year, maybe it will be easier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 04:15 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 12

I'm going with Total control everything. This year it feels so much smoother than years past.
NY Knicks :(

Old 02-25-2010, 05:18 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Pitching will be total control. Love it!

With hitting, I'll be going with Cursor Hitting combined with classic controls.

My question is, when using classic batting controls, are you able to choose a type of swing? (contact, power, defensive). I didn't see it listed on the controls menu when I switched to classic batting on the demo.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:32 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
I think I'm going to have to go with classic hitting with that ugly bat icon. I was all hyped up about the swing stick and the new camera view, but I've played the demo 5 times and so far have made contact about 4 times with only 1 hit. I don't know if its the swing stick or the new camera view, but I can't read balls/strikes at all and the it is very very hard for me to judge the speed of the incoming pitch.

It's weird. I've never had trouble like this before with batting, but I'm just absolutely aweful. It's starting to make me reconsider getting the game until I hear how classic hitting is (there's been no info about it yet).

On the other more optimistic side, maybe once I change the camera angle back to how it was last year, maybe it will be easier.
There simply is not any differentation between fast balls and off-speed pitches. This was a problem last year too. Does anyone agree? I was hoping that they would have done something about this. Unfortunately, instead of redesigning the pitch system, it appears they just made the superficial change of altering the camera view. They essentially took the easy way out. The fundamental problem is still there. I played the demo for like two innings, and I am no longer even tempted to buy it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »