Home

Major League Baseball 2K10: A Live Journal (Gameinformer)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10: A Live Journal (Gameinformer) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-05-2010, 01:46 PM   #73
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10: A Live Journal (Gameinformer)

Hopefully the AI is just being aggressive because his pitch ratings are so lousy (Movement 50/Control 50). Sounds like he's a batting practice pitcher, heh.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 28

just shows that he doesnt know how to work the count on the harder levels. He doesnt know when to pitch out, or when to challenge a hitter. It seems like he and the pitcher got rattled. pro is usually stupid easy in 2K games i think we all know that.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:57 PM   #75
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
just shows that he doesnt know how to work the count on the harder levels. He doesnt know when to pitch out, or when to challenge a hitter. It seems like he and the pitcher got rattled..
We don't really know without watching him play. There could very well be flaws in the game, considering last year's AI. Although, Chase said it seemed improved to him and that he pitched an unintentional walk, so it does seem like this guy might not be a very wise pitcher, but I don't want to disrespect him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2010, 02:01 PM   #76
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Not sure what to think here. It seems like the same problem of the cpu swinging at everything is there. I really hope I am wrong, or there is a good reason for it.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:15 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
We don't really know without watching him play. There could very well be flaws in the game, considering last year's AI. Although, Chase said it seemed improved to him and that he pitched an unintentional walk, so it does seem like this guy might not be a very wise pitcher, but I don't want to disrespect him.
he also said he couldnt pitch on the all star level. He couldnt hit corners. I am sure the accurateness (if thats a word lol) of hitting your gestures is harder making it harder to pitch as well. We have all seen times where pitchers just lose all control.

Like you and everyone else has been said, we need to see for ourselves.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:17 PM   #78
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
he also said he couldnt pitch on the all star level. He couldnt hit corners. I am sure the accurateness (if thats a word lol) of hitting your gestures is harder making it harder to pitch as well. We have all seen times where pitchers just lose all control.
I'm guessing the reason he was getting lit up on All Star is because his pitch ratings are so terrible, but it's hard to say without actually seeing him play.

All I can say is that if the AI hitting is as overly aggressive as last year, I'm definitely not buying this game. I really hope they fixed it this year, but I'm certainly skeptical at this point.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:25 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blog
Two points of concern have come up during this game. I noticed that base runners are not recognizing easily readable line drive singles. They wait until the ball lands before moving to the next base, even if it will land 20 feet in front of a fielder.

As fluid as the fielders are, they don't always make the best decisions to turn double plays. As I mentioned in a previous game, one fielder threw home instead of going for the inning ending double play. Just this game, I had a fielder run to second opposed to tossing it to the shortstop already on the bag. The base runner was safe at first. Dunce plays like these shouldn't happen, but at this point in my playing, I can't rule out if it is just double A vs. MLB skill level balancing, or if it's an AI problem for the entire game.
Rut-roh...
Old 02-05-2010, 02:27 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 10
Will this game have manager mode where you manage on field play?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »