Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 First Look (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 First Look (Gamespot) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-15-2010, 09:48 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 First Look (Gamespot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
I hope Batter's eye can be turned off, I wonder how obtrusive this text on screen may result.

Has anyone got an idea on how we're gonna check our swing with this overhauled swinging mechanics?
It sounds like it is only for the stud hitters though. If that is the case I love that, now you will see real good numbers by your studs. That goes a long way with me. I love knowing if I am great hitter I am going to maybe see two good pitches to hit. That is pretty much real life too. So now I get that edge, which the good hitters have in real life, but in a video game if they are expecting me to make that happen it wont happen, so I like this hitter's eye.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2010, 10:26 PM   #26
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-47
I never had any problems, even with the pitch speed maxed out.

If I can have success without flashy junk, anyone can. You just have to focus, and stop swinging at everything.

I guess it also differs if you use cursor/zone hitting or the stick.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:53 PM   #27
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
Here is what I don't like about a "power swing." the majority of the time a hitter is trying to hit the ball as hard as he can..so if this is how this swing was intentioned, I'm fine with that, but just call it a "regular swing". But if it is swing you use when only trying to jack one that is going to result in a high % of HR's, I'm against it. You almost always hear hitters say that a HR was just the result of them making solid contact.
I agree. I am not a big fan of the power swing....at least not in the way it has been implemented in past games. If it has to be in there, it should be a risk reward thing resulting in more strikeouts...instead it becomes a HR fest.

I like the idea of defensive swings.....but in past games, that has generally been used when the batter wants to hit a dribbler to an infielder....at least in my experience.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:01 PM   #28
Banned

Not always Trev. Some hitters work the count so they can get a pitch that they can take a power swing on. Once you work that count in your favor and you are a power hitter and can win the game with one swing of the bat that is when you go it!
Old 01-15-2010, 11:02 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I agree. I am not a big fan of the power swing....at least not in the way it has been implemented in past games. If it has to be in there, it should be a risk reward thing resulting in more strikeouts...instead it becomes a HR fest.

I like the idea of defensive swings.....but in past games, that has generally been used when the batter wants to hit a dribbler to an infielder....at least in my experience.
Did they say anything about it being a HR fest though?
Old 01-15-2010, 11:09 PM   #30
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Not always Trev. Some hitters work the count so they can get a pitch that they can take a power swing on. Once you work that count in your favor and you are a power hitter and can win the game with one swing of the bat that is when you go it!
But it's so rare. Most guys take the same rip 0-0 that they do 2-0 or 3-1. You really only see hitters shorten up and protect when their at risk for a strike out. No reason to take a different swing 0-1 vs. 2-0.

Most power guys take the same swing regardless of the count. They get paid to hit the ball out of the park.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:30 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
But it's so rare. Most guys take the same rip 0-0 that they do 2-0 or 3-1. You really only see hitters shorten up and protect when their at risk for a strike out. No reason to take a different swing 0-1 vs. 2-0.

Most power guys take the same swing regardless of the count. They get paid to hit the ball out of the park
I disagree, but that is cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2010, 11:37 PM   #32
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I disagree, but that is cool.
No worries, but answer me this:

Do you ever see Ryan Howard, Adam Dunn, David Ortiz, etc. just sit back and slap singles? There's a reason these guys strike out well over 100-150times a season...they don't get cheated on their swings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »