Home

MLB 2k10 Wish List

This is a discussion on MLB 2k10 Wish List within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2009, 05:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
MLB 2k10 Wish List

Hopefully I'm not jumping the gun, but I believe now is the time to propose changes to this series that we (the sim community) want implemented. Let's face it, there are numerous options missing in MLB 2k9, and many improvements need to be made before this game can be truly excellent. Now, I realize everyone is awaiting a patch to fix AI hitter aggressiveness and some of the other issues such as first basemen being pulled off the bag. I'm under the assumption, possibly naively, that a patch will be released that addresses the larger problems in 2k9. This thread is NOT for obvious bugs present in the current game, nor is it intended to be an outlet for complaints or impressions of 2k9. There is a thread for impressions already stickied.

Anyway, onto my wishes for Visual Concepts:

1) During my playtime with 2k9, it's become abundantly clear that the progressively lighting system is poorly implemented. I started a sunny 1 o'clock game and it was dark by the sixth inning. That's just silly. I'd rather not have progression at all than have it completely broken. One of the earlier games (either 2k5 or 2k7) had the progression and shadows right, and it looked great. Not sure what happened here, but it'd be nice if it were fixed. I know Blzer is the biggest proponent of this, and I wholeheartedly agree with him. It adds so much atmosphere to the game. VC, please bring progressive lighting back in its proper form.

2) Active scoreboards.

3) For the love of god, do NOT mess with the hitting system or remove cursor (zone) hitting. I repeat, DON'T remove it. It's awesome just the way it is. Please don't feel the need to "improve" it or tinker with it or install some new-fangled hitting device. The current zone system feels perfect.

4) The presentation is wonderful, and I'm sure you guys are working on the kinks, but I've seen some strange stuff happen. It might be amusing to see Joe Girardi skate through the dugout fence while making his way to the steps for a mound visit, but it gets old fast. Also, what's up with the camera panning to open field for a few seconds? I suppose it expects a player to be there or something. Happens at least once a game.

That's all for now. Please don't take these complaints as nitpicking or whining. I'd just like to see obvious issues get addressed in next years game. Currently, 2k9 has a ton of promise, but it's held back by a couple giant chains. With a patch to fix the AI aggressiveness, 2k9 will be highly playable. It's already a blast. But we don't want a good game, we want a GREAT game! Thanks, and I hope everyone else adds their own suggestions.

"Options out, bugs in!" - The original slogan for MLB 2k9
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2009, 05:57 PM   #2
Rookie

Pyroboy829's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 2k10 Wish List

how about:
- replacing player edits
- baggy clothing options
- 40 man rosters
Old 03-05-2009, 06:44 PM   #3
Rookie

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2038235578

As you can see from the link above, some of Trevytrev's wishes came true last year. Joe and John were ditched in favor of much better commentators, zone (cursor) hitting made a comeback, stadiums are somewhat improved, and the "meatball" is gone forever. Other things weren't added or improved. I think an awesome idea that would impact gameplay is number 9- giving teams their own personalities. That's just cool. Other things, such as the All Star Weekend, will most likely not happen.

Honestly, if VC manages to get the game play quirks worked out and this game plays as realistically as possible, I'd love to have a "virtual ballpark tour." Unfortunately, I'm sure that will never happen.

While I'm at it, I may as well be nitpicky about something. The Yankees uniform looks terrible. It has way too many pinstripes that are too close together. But it's a minor gripe, because the game play comes first.

Crowd noise definitely needs to be improved. I played a 16 inning game, and even with crown volume maxed there wasn't enough noise. The Orioles cut my lead to 5-4 in the 16th and loaded the bases with no outs. Camden Yards should've been ready to explode. Instead, it sounded a bit bland. Then again, they are Orioles fans...

As long as I'm discussing atmosphere, I think celebrations need to be put back in. The winning team should meet near the mound to shake hands after the final out, just like in real life. And supposedly there's no World Series celebration. That's unacceptable with today's technology. Though, I understand much had to be sacrificed in order to improve frame rates.

Perhaps my biggest wish: test the game properly so game-killing bugs don't make it into the retail version. I don't care if you have to delay the game by a month. Just stop releasing buggy messes.

"Options out, bugs in!" - The original slogan for MLB 2k9
Old 03-05-2009, 07:41 PM   #4
Rookie

dubuque's Arena

OVR: 5

get rid of that 2k sports sign in left center at wrigley field and give zambrano black hair
Old 03-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #5
Banned

RedSoxFox7's Arena

An EA takeover.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2009, 09:33 PM   #6
Rookie

Fatalah's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFox7
An EA takeover.
/End thread.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:37 PM   #7
Pro

USCTrojan83's Arena

OVR: 6

How about adding the fix of the stat overlays for hitters that stated they led or are ranked the league in areas which they didnt (Triples, Doubles, Average, RBI's...etc)
For instance, while playing with the Angels,

Howie Kendrick was 13th in HR's
Kendry Morales was 13th in RBI's
Kendry Morales was 4th in 3B's
Mike Napoli was 7th in 3B's
Erik Aybar was 5th in AVG

And the worst of all having a fielder walk to the plate in a cut scene and saying he led even ranked the AL or NL in wins, saves...
For Instance....

Vladamir Guerro was 11th in Wins last year
Torii Hunter was 4th in SV last year
Kenrdy Morals was 12th in SV last year
Chone Figgins was 3th in wins last year

Since this is part of the Presentation aspect I think this majorly fails especially when this should have been apparent with the Beta Testing, or pre-release testing. The Commentating with Thorne is well done and hasnt got old yet.... but he does call Travis Buck (3 year Pro) of the A's some name that isnt even close EVERYTIME he comes to bat, yet says his name correctly when he catches a fly ball

So in essence....what he said below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks1
Perhaps my biggest wish: test the game properly so game-killing bugs don't make it into the retail version. I don't care if you have to delay the game by a month. Just stop releasing buggy messes.
Buffalo Bills
San Francisco 49ers
MLB Baseball
Los Angeles Angeles of Anahiem
Atlanta Braves
NHL Hockey
Los Angeles Kings
Old 03-05-2009, 09:37 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote: