Home

***Official Bugs/Glitches Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official Bugs/Glitches Thread*** within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
***Official Bugs/Glitches Thread***

Since there is a lot of random threads about each issue that crops up, I figured we should try (yet again) to get this going.

If one of the mods want to merge this with something else or whatever that's fine. Just trying to help clean stuff up a bit.

So post your bugs/glitches here.

For me:

-I've had several instances of freezes after a hot shot type play down either the 1B or 3B line. The game will lock up. I can normally get it going by hitting pause scrolling through the menu a bit and exiting back out. Once I had to restart completely.

-Occasionally the CPU OF will jerk away from the ball at the last minute, letting it bounce and leading to a triple or inside-the-park-HR.

-I had my outfielder (I think it was Lewis on the giants) get stuck on the wall when going for a deep foul. He just kept running in place.

-I had a really weird one my last game. I was the Mets, at home, against the Cubs. In the 5th inning I attempted a diving catch with Wright and he came up injured.

Afterwards, every time the ball was put in play, the fielder nearest the ball would go into a diving/rolling animation and "commando" over the ball...lol. It was again and again until eventually someone actually fell close enough to the ball.

this happened on each hit. I exited the game and went to replay it with no issue. Very odd.

Anyway, let's try and keep this informative and not turn it into another excuse to bash 2K (regardless of whether or not anyone feels they deserve it)

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 03-04-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2009, 10:12 PM   #2
Rookie

AftershockFx's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: ***Official Bugs/Glitches Thread***

- The throw speed on double plays is ridiclous. They need to speed it up so guys like Pujols and Ortitz can't beat out a grounder on a routine 6-4-3 DP.

- On double plays that actually get turned they need to fix the SS's face on the turn. It makes no sense that he can throw to 1st base 100% accurate while looking at home ...

- Add in takeout slides. I've seen the CPU do this to me but, I can't do it in return when my runner is right there.

- Home plate collisions are non existant. Instead the Cather opts to lunge at the plate and make an impossible tag instead of guarding the tracks

- They need to fix the random injuries that shouldn't happen. Ex: I was playing the Indians at the Jake and Seizmore hit a HR to LF and it gave me an option to climb the wall even though it's a good 20+ ft high ? Indian fans correct me on the wall height. Also on that same play Morgan ran up, tapped the wall like he knew it was gone then left the game with a shoulder injury ... Made no sense at all.

- They need to add in the event that Pitchers can throw a ball past 1st, 2nd or 3rd base when attempting a pickoff.

- Tone down the pickoff's. It's absolutely pathetic that Nate McClouth who has a steal rating of 75 and stole 23/26 bases last year gets picked off first base with a 1 step or no step lead. Absolute horrible coding on 2K's part there ...

- Give us roster editing back like in 2K7 and 2K8. It's pathetic they have Adrian MacDonald in AAA Indianopolis as a white boy when everyone and their mother knows it's Andrew McCutchen.

*For those of you who've never seen McCutchen play here's what he looks like.

- Fix the random FPS hickups on foul balls hit to 3rd or 1st in the air ...

I think that's it for now, I'm sure there's more.
MLB: Pittsburgh Pirates
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
Old 03-04-2009, 10:24 PM   #3
Rookie

HMMurdock311's Arena

OVR: 5

My biggest Bug problem is when I throw to first and the 1B isn't even on the bag. Always seems to happen at the worst times.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:27 PM   #4
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

Here's a good example of the 1B thing a lot of people are running into...courtesy of Blzer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Look here about 25 seconds in:

Old 03-04-2009, 10:27 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

Try this one on for size. When you start a online league. Your Number 1 pitcher disappears, in my case 1 and 2. One was replaced by a 3rd baseman and other was a repeat. I had 2 ryan franklins and brian barden replaced Carpenter and Wainwright. HUGE ISSUE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2009, 02:28 AM   #6
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

The manager was half way stuck in the field during a pitching change. He still walked out to the mound and back to the dugout fine but from the waist down he was in field.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:33 AM   #7
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
The manager was half way stuck in the field during a pitching change. He still walked out to the mound and back to the dugout fine but from the waist down he was in field.
Yes there is some absolutely terrible tearing and morphing happening in the "real time" world. Managers get their legs stuck below the field where you can only see them from the chest up, and players like to get stuck in "gliding" across the field instead of moving naturally (i.e. walking or running).

1B bug has been mentioned.

Pickoffs at 2nd are almost always a sure out. Even with the slider at 0.

The Batting/AI and Pitching AI aggressiveness needs serious fixing.

Patch the game 2K and Visual Concepts! It is something to proud of and will be looked upon with great respect by the community if these issues in this thread are addressed. It is important to act on this information. The future sales of the series depends on it, even if it's just a few thousand sales...

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 03-05-2009, 03:37 AM   #8
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

Just had a weird thing were in the replay Pedro Martinez (I added him to the Orioles just to mess around) turned in to a bright white guy...lol.

When it came back he was flickering and then settled into his normal appearance. Weird.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »