Home

Custom Batting Camera

This is a discussion on Custom Batting Camera within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Custom Batting Camera

Has there been any screenshots released of what kind of batting camera perspectives you can create? I'm interested in replicating the zoomed in and offset camera from mvp 2005, where you can see the catcher in the corner. That angle really made me feel like I was in the box.

What batting camera would you like to be able to re-create?

Last edited by thehappygamer; 02-16-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2009, 07:11 PM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Custom Batting Camera

I don't think we can swivel the batting camera at all, and it can only be from directly behind the batter.

I don't know if I necessarily want to replicate any, but I know that I want one that doesn't show much of anything behind the plate (it's almost unnecessary), nor do I want a low angle. However, at the same time, I want the shot to have enough depth so that I get a good glimpse of the stadiums.

That's a very picky shot that I'm asking for, and I hope that I can customize and find that one exactly. Hopefully a potential pre-release demo will include the camera options so I can find it early on.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-19-2009, 01:51 PM   #3
Rookie

Cianfrocco's Arena

OVR: 4

The thing that bothered me in 2K8 was that sometimes it was staight on with the pitcher lined up with the strike zone, and sometimes it was angled, depending on the batter's stance. I have a hard time judging balls and strikes from an angled view, so an all-time straight view will be nice this year. Of course, other's might be different, so the more options, the better.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:54 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehappygamer
Has there been any screenshots released of what kind of batting camera perspectives you can create?
Either screens or a video. Check the OS info from several days ago. It's one of the first postings.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:16 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cianfrocco
The thing that bothered me in 2K8 was that sometimes it was staight on with the pitcher lined up with the strike zone, and sometimes it was angled, depending on the batter's stance. I have a hard time judging balls and strikes from an angled view, so an all-time straight view will be nice this year. Of course, other's might be different, so the more options, the better.
God, I hated that too! It baffled me why they went the extra miles to create that, when simply putting the view straight would be much easier to make consistent read on pitches.

BTW, nice to see you again Cianfrocco! It's been forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2009, 07:01 PM   #6
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cianfrocco
I liked the realism of that. It was simulating the lefty-righty matchup, or (rightly-lefty). I hope they give the option.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:51 PM   #7
Rookie

Cianfrocco's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alai
God, I hated that too! It baffled me why they went the extra miles to create that, when simply putting the view straight would be much easier to make consistent read on pitches.

BTW, nice to see you again Cianfrocco! It's been forever.
I was a bit late in joining the 360 crowd. Going through law school puts a slight hold on your finances! Plus, I've been playing a lot of OOTP lately, but now I am getting back into things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »