Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 Patch Update

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 Patch Update within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-25-2008, 02:02 PM   #33
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 Patch Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
Well...in another mod post on the 2k forum, they state the online lag issue is related to the framerate...basically saying when they fix the framerate, the lag online will get better...

I'm not sure I believe that however....the pitcher/batter interface doesn't lag, it's the fielding. I'm going to be REALLY disappointed if the online doesn't clear up.
I don't believe that either for the exact reasons you posted. I hope it is fixed though because I love using the new controls and would hate to eschew that just to be able to play an online game.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:17 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

Many good issues stated throughout this thread that should be addressed by 2K, but the main bug I would like to see fixed is the complete and utter lack of pitcher injuries when simming games in Franchise mode. I have simmed through multiple seasons and NOT ONCE have I seen a pitcher at any level of my club go down with any sort of injury. This is a huge issue and kills realism for me.

This is the main issue I would like to see addressed. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:20 PM   #35
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Deuce
Many good issues stated throughout this thread that should be addressed by 2K, but the main bug I would like to see fixed is the complete and utter lack of pitcher injuries when simming games in Franchise mode. I have simmed through multiple seasons and NOT ONCE have I seen a pitcher at any level of my club go down with any sort of injury. This is a huge issue and kills realism for me.

This is the main issue I would like to see addressed. Thanks.
I was about to post that....they also need to fix the lack of k' there is when simming and the rained out games, everytime a game get canceled is like you pressed the restart gbutton instead of a rescheaduled game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2008, 06:32 PM   #36
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago23
Three years of buggy games on the 360 drove me to sell my system, buy a PS3, and purchase MLB 08: The Show. I have played sports games all the way back to Madden on the Sega Genesis, and this developing practice of treating console games like PC titles (1. Release incomplete, poorly-tested game, 2. Gather customer complaints, 3. Release patch, 4. Rinse and repeat next year) has gotten very tiresome.

MLB 2K8 has driven me off of 2K sports games completely; I have wasted too much time and money with their titles. Color me a Sony and EA sportsgamer going forward.

you should go play madden 08 for the ps3..... that will show you that its not just 2k... not tryin to bust your balls, but EA put out a PISS POOR title with that one. now the show on the other hand, yeah they got that one right..
Old 03-25-2008, 06:53 PM   #37
Pro

dansaint's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
If you don't know anybody with live (you could just take your machine to) there IS a way to get on live with dial-up.
It won't be fast enough to play games obviously,but you would still get the benefits of d-loading patches.

http://hankfiles.pcvsconsole.com/answer.php?file=540

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5h3EC8-VeY
Thanks for the links but I don't have a router and really don't want to buy one just for this. Especially when the download times will be pathetically slow for the patches.

If there is no other way to get the patches/downloads...I guess I'll have to wait until my apartment gets rebuilt (burned down in a fire). Should be about 6-8 months.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:57 PM   #38
Banned

DannyMac910's Arena

OVR: 10

I hate to say it, but in May I'm gettin' my PS3 and The Show. Trading in 2k8. I tried really hard to enjoy it. There's just too much freezing, frame rate issues, and the interface is horribly user unfriendly.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:18 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 4

Thank you?
Old 03-26-2008, 06:04 PM   #40
Against The Crowd!

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago23
Three years of buggy games on the 360 drove me to sell my system, buy a PS3, and purchase MLB 08: The Show. I have played sports games all the way back to Madden on the Sega Genesis, and this developing practice of treating console games like PC titles (1. Release incomplete, poorly-tested game, 2. Gather customer complaints, 3. Release patch, 4. Rinse and repeat next year) has gotten very tiresome.

MLB 2K8 has driven me off of 2K sports games completely; I have wasted too much time and money with their titles. Color me a Sony and EA sportsgamer going forward.
Why do people keep saying there will be no patch for the ps3.

http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/exeres/8A202BAC-560A-47F2-83C1-F22119B9270B.htm

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »