Home

MLB 2K8 Game of The Week: Red Sox vs. Rockies

This is a discussion on MLB 2K8 Game of The Week: Red Sox vs. Rockies within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-28-2008, 02:18 PM   #297
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Vetzballin.com: MLB 2K8 Game of The Week: Red Sox vs. Rockies

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
You ain't lyin'. This reminds me of 56k downloads.
Yeah, I gave up on it & I shall wait for the Demo or Release...

PS5/PSN: myghty
Old 02-28-2008, 03:09 PM   #298
Rookie

OVR: 5

Once again.Didnt any of you who are bashing this see what flashed on the screen? "Early demo build". Why you making your opinions based on an early build? Hello, anyone home?
Old 02-28-2008, 03:14 PM   #299
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
I've been downloading/watching the higher quality vids... and they take forever to download!
I'm def gonna DL one of them when I get home. I hadn't been back to vetz since he uploaded the higher quality version.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 02-28-2008, 03:26 PM   #300
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltrain44
Once again.Didnt any of you who are bashing this see what flashed on the screen? "Early demo build". Why you making your opinions based on an early build? Hello, anyone home?
To be fair, since December, this is all we have had to base this game off of. Blame 2K for not getting retail version stuff out early enough... including the demo.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-28-2008, 06:08 PM   #301
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
To be fair, since December, this is all we have had to base this game off of. Blame 2K for not getting retail version stuff out early enough... including the demo.
I know blzer. There have been people who have played the 80% or 90% build and have had great things to say. The person at OS got to play a little bit and seemed very positive about it. I am sure he was playing a later build.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2008, 11:13 PM   #302
MVP

OVR: 10

Things I noticed:

1. Why does it look like every pitch floats in?

2. I noticed how it shows updates about how pitchers are warming up and when they are finished etc. Nice touch!

3. When tulowitzki hits his second homer of the game he is looking the wrong way. I thought they had fixed this?

Those are just some of the things I noticed, other than that the game looks phenominal. That was one hell of a lucky play to save themselves from a loss...........

Last edited by bowlerguy92; 02-29-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:46 AM   #303
Pro

Foo4Everlong's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlerguy92
Things I noticed:

1. Why does it look like every pitch floats in?

2. I noticed how it shows updates about how pitchers are warming up and when they are finished etc. Nice touch!

3. When tulowitzki hits his second homer of the game he is looking the wrong way. I thought they had fixed this?

Those are just some of the things I noticed, other than that the game looks phenominal. That was one hell of a lucky play to save themselves from a loss...........

I think I can answer number one even though I don't own the game. I know with last year the pitch speed had to do a lot with how the sliders were set. For some reason, whatever that setting is albeit "pro" or "all-star" that's probably how fast the pitch comes in, but I would imagine that it's probably "pro" cuz it also seemed quite slow to me as well. I have to imagine that "all-star" and "legend" have to de tougher. Last year I used pitch speed at 100% which made it more life-like to me. So I guess it's just a matter of asking DJRuhe what setting he played at.

As for the two home-runs I think you meant Matt Holliday not Tulo, but yeah that was one thing I hated about last year was one a player would jack a homer to right field but they would look as if they hit it to left. So it looks as if this was not fixed for this year either.

There was another thing that Ben Brinkman said was fixed and so far I hear no evidence of it being fixed at all and that's the stadium announcer announcing A LOT of players names incorrectly. Like Kevin Youk-u-lis, as well as others that escape my mind for a minute. But in that long conference call that Brinkman did last weekend see that thatsomeone was suppose to go through and fix all these name errors, but it seems quite obvious from what I've heard that so far nothing has been touched. I thought that it was the funniest part of that conference call cuz one of the questioners said, "Are we gonna hear the stadium announcer say Kevin Youk-u-lis for the third or fourth year in a row?" Then that's whe Ben went on to say that they went through and fixed everything. If someone definitely recognizes that one of the names was fixed please let me know, cuz otherwise I haven't heard anything fixed yet.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:13 AM   #304
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I didn't see that on the podcast last Friday from here. I looked that over a couple times now, unless my eyes are playing tricks on me.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=239317

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »