Home

correct pitch types

This is a discussion on correct pitch types within the MLB 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-04-2012, 12:24 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
correct pitch types

so ive been doing a little research on the pitches they give people in this game and i feel like its way off. velocities are rarely right, along with most people having the same kind of pitches. it seems like if its a high rated players its always a circle change and a 12-6 curveball instead of a normal change up and normal curve. this along with the change ups usually only being a few mph diff than the fastball for some reason and most breaking balls anywhere from 4-10mph too fast.

anyways i did the batting stance edit, and after a break that ended up being a few weeks longer than expected im going to finally get the pitching deliveries worked on. what i was wondering is does anyone else think that the pitchers are given the wrong pitches with wrong velocities? because ive been thinking about doing a list like the stances edit with the pitchers that need updates with their correct pitch types and velocities

Angels:
Spoiler

Last edited by duhitsrandy; 05-10-2012 at 03:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
Rookie

Up and Coming's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by duhitsrandy
so ive been doing a little research on the pitches they give people in this game and i feel like its way off. velocities are rarely right, along with most people having the same kind of pitches. it seems like if its a high rated players its always a circle change and a 12-6 curveball instead of a normal change up and normal curve. this along with the change ups usually only being a few mph diff than the fastball for some reason and most breaking balls anywhere from 4-10mph too fast.

anyways i did the batting stance edit, and after a break that ended up being a few weeks longer than expected im going to finally get the pitching deliveries worked on. what i was wondering is does anyone else think that the pitchers are given the wrong pitches with wrong velocities? because ive been thinking about doing a list like the stances edit with the pitchers that need updates with their correct pitch types and velocities
Glad to hear! And yes velocities are way off as well as pitch types and tendencies, editing these plus player ratings could fix this game and potentially eliminate the small issues we have seen with mk harsh's spectacular
Old 05-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: correct pitch types

I have a spreadsheet with pitcher tendencies both starters/relievers fully complete, batting tendencies still in progress for both pitchers/batters. I'm more than willing to allow you guys access if you'd like it. Just PM me, and I can tell you where I got my numbers, etc...
Old 05-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
Pro

cool cool im glad there is interest. ive noticed that pitchers like halladay had his change up at almost 90mph which was actually 2 mph higher than you can manually set it in the game, along with cliff lee's at 87, etc. along with most curveballs in the low 80's speed wise then they should be mid to high 70's.

i plan to use something like pitchfx, or brookesbaseball, or fangraphs for the info. and based on a few numbers i ran before determine what the velocities should be, the tendencies, and the correct version of each pitch. it seems like most starting pitchers are given a 12-6 curveball, and while alot more people throw that nowadays it seems like its way over-represented in this game. as well as the circle change/changeup and other players just having the wrong pitches. (this is partly due to each pitcher having only 5 pitches when a pitcher throwing 6 pitches is fairly common)
Old 05-05-2012, 07:52 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
I do think so, too. Not only that many pitch types and velocity are off. Often the pitch movement and control are off, too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2012, 02:22 AM   #6
Pro

starting to make the list tonight, was gonna do all the deliveries first but i feel like thats more cosmetic where as this effects gameplay

did the angels pitchers, took alot longer than i thought with checking 3 diff sites for each pitcher. lemme know what ya think and if you would like to see that for the whole league

Last edited by duhitsrandy; 05-10-2012 at 03:13 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:00 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
starting to make the list tonight, was gonna do all the deliveries first but i feel like thats more cosmetic where as this effects gameplay
Really?
Perhaps I misunderstood you but IMO since I changed certain pitch types including movement, control and speed to "reality" it plays way better than before.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:14 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wudl83
Really?
Perhaps I misunderstood you but IMO since I changed certain pitch types including movement, control and speed to "reality" it plays way better than before.
no i meant id do the pitch types first because that affect gameplay.

where as the batting stance/deliveries is cosmetic

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Rosters »