Home

** mkharsh33 - Re-Rated Rosters (360) **

This is a discussion on ** mkharsh33 - Re-Rated Rosters (360) ** within the MLB 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-02-2010, 05:58 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
** mkharsh33 - Re-Rated Rosters (360) **

Now that we're nearing the mid-point of the season, I'm dropping a new roster file that is totally unlike my previous ones. This file has been totally re-developed and players are now rated on a different statistic scale.

Only a small handful of players will be rated 90 or above... In my previous file I made the mistake of overrating players. Some of that was done out of being pressured by guys who were fans of certain teams (and felt those teams should be rated higher - namely, the Yankees).

You will notice some strange overall numbers... For example, now that the Phillies have key injuries their team batting overall is lowered. Also, one player with a high rating (Rockies team pitching) can totally eschew a teams overall as well.

Please provide any updates here on the new file after it gets posted... Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: ** mkharsh33 - Re-Rated Rosters (360) **

hey mk does this technique:

Go to your memory settings tab in the dashboard, press Y when your hard drive pops up and select "perform maintenance" this will delete all patches from your console. Boot up the game, when it asks you to update do not. Load your roster, edit your players, the last name will change. Save, and reboot and download the patch.

work with your rosters b/c the names still dont change for me. Is it possible that changing the jersey name counts as a created player and you've reached the limit?
Old 07-02-2010, 06:10 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchPie617
hey mk does this technique:

Go to your memory settings tab in the dashboard, press Y when your hard drive pops up and select "perform maintenance" this will delete all patches from your console. Boot up the game, when it asks you to update do not. Load your roster, edit your players, the last name will change. Save, and reboot and download the patch.

work with your rosters b/c the names still dont change for me. Is it possible that changing the jersey name counts as a created player and you've reached the limit?
LOL!! Nice idea, but I have now edited nearly 250 players in this file which has been developed since the 2nd 2K official roster update in April. Sorry, but I'm not doing this as it would take me an eternity to pull this off...
Old 07-02-2010, 06:14 PM   #4
Rookie

cmcghs's Arena

OVR: 6

hey harsh in the other thread I posted some valuable information. not sure if you saw it or not
NHL: Dallas Stars
Old 07-02-2010, 10:40 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

NEW FILE UPLOADED - 2K Share

**mkharsh33...TOTAL RE-RATED VERSION**

This is THE file to grab... All teams (plus all 3 levels of minor leagues) and free agents have had their ratings scaled down to reflect a more representative overall.

TEAM PITCHING BATTING OVERALL
Angels 67 60 69
Astros 65 43 57
Athletics 73 53 68
Blue Jays 62 65 69
Braves 82 56 70 (Heyward - DL)
Brewers 70 62 72
Cardinals 81 58 75
Cubs 85 73 80
D-Backs 68 59 68
Dodgers 85 64 75
Giants 83 74 78
Indians 62 52 61
Mariners 75 45 63
Marlins 77 73 78
Mets 85 57 73
Nationals 77 54 70
Orioles 71 55 66
Padres 83 47 67
Phillies 75 47 63 (injuries noted)
Pirates 67 56 67
Rangers 75 84 86
Rays 86 56 75
Red Sox 80 63 73 (injuries noted)
Reds 73 70 75
Rockies 83 60 73
Royals 68 67 73
Tigers 78 68 75
Twins 76 66 75
White Sox 71 42 60
Yankees 82 85 90
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2010, 09:58 AM   #6
Rookie

cmcghs's Arena

I'm sure you picked this up, on June 30th Omar Beltre (number 68) made his Major League debut and Matt Harrison got optioned to AAA and on July 1st Pedro Strop got recalled to the big league club. On the 1st that trade was also made where the Rangers got Bengie Molina (you have that already.) Yesterday, the 2nd, Max Ramirez got optioned to AAA Oklahoma City to make room for Bengie who wore number 11 in his debut last night.

For editing purposes on Omar Beltre: His fastball was consistently hitting 92-93 while touching 95 at times. Very late hard movement on his fastball (tailing into righties hands.) He was throwing his slider at 83 throughout the night. He has two pitches that he uses as his change of speed. 1) A straight changeup that sat at 82-84 and a splitter that he was also throwing 83-84. He didn't seem to have very good control of any of his pitches, but to his defense it was his first ML appearance. The Angels were not making consistent solid contact after the very first batter he faced (Erick Aybar HR, welcome to the bigs Omar) which to me meant his stuff was either A) very sharp breaking B) tough to pick up or C) all of the above. He did have 6 K's in his 4 innings of work and shattered Mike Napoli's bat on one of those late-breaking fastballs. 4 BB in 4 innings shows he had control issues but he only managed to give up 3 runs. Aside from the lead-off solo HR, the other two runs got started off with two walks, if I remember correctly, followed by a sac-bunt, then Napoli's broken bat dribbler up the middle to bring in 2. His control problems should be his main area of concern.

I believe if he can gain control of all of his pitches then he could be solid SP. However, he needs to do so quickly as he is not a 23-year old who just made his debut, he is 28.

Also, a note on Justin Smoak. He hits much, much better from the left side of the plate than the right side. I'm not sure how you have him rated in regards to hitting from either side of the plate but he should be much worse from the right side against lefties than from the left side against righties.

Regarding Ogando: I was afraid that you couldn't change his skin tone, oh well.

Did you get the two links I posted on the other thread? I want to make sure you see those sites as I think you will have an interest in them.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:15 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

cmcghs...

Yeah, thanks for the information. I had already created Beltre before you shared that and I had nailed him pretty good, except my pitch MPH were slightly off (scouting report was a couple years old). You should have found him on the Rangers' staff.

The links were helpful, and I also appreciate the heads up on Smoak (will be fixed in the NEXT file I upload, but not in this latest one...sorry). I have also added Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez in the NEXT file (minor league deal with Nats). There is no windup quite like his, so I went with J. Weaver's (closest I could find, which isn't really close at all).

If you guys see anything that needs fixed, please let me know... I hope you guys are finding this new file to be more fun than the prior ones.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:29 PM   #8
Rookie

cmcghs's Arena

Going to go test out the new rosters right now. Thanks for these again!

EDIT: One fix for Omar Beltre. He actually weighs 235. He even says that the 190 came from a report about 3 years ago lol.

Last edited by cmcghs; 07-03-2010 at 04:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Rosters »