Home

Developer Update 6/30/22 - W/ Gameplay Footage Included!

This is a discussion on Developer Update 6/30/22 - W/ Gameplay Footage Included! within the Maximum Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-30-2022, 09:12 PM   #1
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Developer Update 6/30/22 - W/ Gameplay Footage Included!

Damn, I gotta say this looks a lot more impressive than the previoud titles ever did.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this title and hope they drop a demo pre - release.

Anyway, here is the developer update with gameplay included:

https://youtu.be/UNFVyQUJQo0

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2022, 11:28 PM   #2
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Developer Update 6/30/22 - W/ Gameplay Footage Included!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Damn, I gotta say this looks a lot more impressive than the previoud titles ever did.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this title and hope they drop a demo pre - release.

Anyway, here is the developer update with gameplay included:

https://youtu.be/UNFVyQUJQo0

Well that is because its a completely different product to any other Maxium Footballs.

It is not developed by Dave Winters anymore, there is an actual full team working on this title, they just bought the Maximum Football branding from him mainly for naming rights, it is built from the ground up in Unreal engine, Dave built his game in Unity.

Interested to see where they go with it for sure.

Last edited by TheBleedingRed21; 06-30-2022 at 11:34 PM.
Old 07-01-2022, 01:43 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

It definitely looks improved, but the timing feels terrible. Had this type of game been built around 2015 and built off itself annually, I'd imagine myself and many others would have been all over it.

Now that we know EA is rebooting their college football series in 12 months or less, it's hard to be as interested in this project.

― Plato
Old 07-01-2022, 06:26 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

I like the options of multiple football games
Old 07-01-2022, 06:41 AM   #5
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Looks promising! I like the player models, especially the linemen. Running motion looks good too. Definitely a major visual upgrade over previous editions. Overall, it looks like they have a great foundation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2022, 11:37 AM   #6
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It definitely looks improved, but the timing feels terrible. Had this type of game been built around 2015 and built off itself annually, I'd imagine myself and many others would have been all over it.

Now that we know EA is rebooting their college football series in 12 months or less, it's hard to be as interested in this project.
Options, options, options.

Some folks like myself abandoned the Madden series long ago, plus this title will have both pro and college rules/structure.

That means it can provide an alternative for those of us that have no interest in any EA Sports football titles.

Old 07-01-2022, 11:54 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Options, options, options.

Some folks like myself abandoned the Madden series long ago, plus this title will have both pro and college rules/structure.

That means it can provide an alternative for those of us that have no interest in any EA Sports football titles.

This is true. I did buy 2018, but never played it a significant amount. I simply worry about the odds the series continues to be around with the unfortunate timing. It is nice to have options and I know many around OS aren't fans of EA and have zero faith in their new CFB game, but overall, I feel the majority of people out there that have been dying for a CFB game are going to play EA's game with licensed teams and likely real players.

I think if this was 5 years ago and we had no idea EA would be returning to college football, then this would be a project that may succeed as so many people were desperate for a college game and an alternative to Madden. Now? We have next gen Madden which has been a significant step forward for the series, and we know EA is bringing back a licensed collegiate game.

It is just bad timing. Even if the games are not direct competitors, we all know that EA returning to CFB is going to put a dent into this game's potential.

― Plato
Old 07-01-2022, 12:03 PM   #8
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
This is true. I did buy 2018, but never played it a significant amount. I simply worry about the odds the series continues to be around with the unfortunate timing. It is nice to have options and I know many around OS aren't fans of EA and have zero faith in their new CFB game, but overall, I feel the majority of people out there that have been dying for a CFB game are going to play EA's game with licensed teams and likely real players.

I think if this was 5 years ago and we had no idea EA would be returning to college football, then this would be a project that may succeed as so many people were desperate for a college game and an alternative to Madden. Now? We have next gen Madden which has been a significant step forward for the series, and we know EA is bringing back a licensed collegiate game.

It is just bad timing. Even if the games are not direct competitors, we all know that EA returning to CFB is going to put a dent into this game's potential.
This is an indy title and was never going to truly "compete" with EA Sports. It lacks the funding, branding and promotional reach to ever make up that gargantuan difference.

The fact that it provides a collegiate option is good, but gameplay was/is how the game should've been marketed and developed for. The former developer spent too much time on that aspect while nearly neglecting every other portion of the game. And it showed with the games near glacial progress from year - to - year, IMO.

As long as they have appropriate expectations, a reasonable budget (which they are optimizing by outsourcing development to overseas developers) and make real strides - something the old Maximum wasn't doing enough of - they can find a solid, cult following for themselves.

Last edited by J_Posse; 07-01-2022 at 12:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football »