Home

Advice for a Newbie

This is a discussion on Advice for a Newbie within the Madden Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-09-2016, 04:16 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Advice for a Newbie

Just got the SB edition of Madden. What would be the best way to spend the $20 dollars in UT money that I received? What packs would get the most bang for my buck?
The New York Yankees
The Chicago Cubs
The Chicago Bulls
Machester United FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2016, 12:08 PM   #2
Rookie

Colbyk5's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Advice for a Newbie

If you want to be able to start a team right away grab the Ultimate pack that is up now, should give you a good enough team with one elite and some solid gold players to start challenges and the early ranked online games.

Either that or wait and see if you can get two packs for 1,000 points each or so forth with cheaper packs but the pulls you get will take longer to build a team.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:56 AM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0

Oh man, where to begin. I'll try to be as concise as I can be and neat too lol.

1. NFL Journey II is 64 moments which aren't terrible and the last set of them can reap some great rewards. I pulled a 99 Overall Boss Edition Terrell Suggs doing so.

2. When you do finally begin making solid coins, stock up on contracts because those things go FAST. Next, go through auction house and stock up on some decent cards for depth. Guys in their high 70's to low 80's, my personal favorite is 82 overall LG Ronald Leary who has 95 Run block.

3. Build a secondary before anything! Almost all of the games/challenges will include stopping a team on a 2 minute drive so they're always passing. On offense, just control the clock and grab a RB or two that can grind it out and keep the ball in your hands.

4. Check out the 50 Super Bowl patch MUT set for the 99 overall Steve Young card. A lot of those patches go for rather cheap and having a 99 overall QB can really help set the tone on offense for a lot of challenges.

5. Check out these following cards in the beginning.

89 Overall QB Ryan Fitzpatrick - I won this for 900 coins in the auction house and he's solid for awhile.
91 Overall WR Amari Cooper - He usually sells for around 14k and he's amazing.
82 Overall WR J.J. Nelson - 95 speed and a beast on kick and punt returns.
88 Overall TE Clive Walford - Will be the only TE you ever need lol. Auctions for around 10k.
91 Overall DE Danielle Hunter - His speed kills and he goes for around 12k.
86 Overall DE Michael Bennett - Auctions for anywhere from 3-6k and he can set the edge for you quite well.
90 Overall MLB Stephone Anthony - He's a bit pricey (around 28k) but he has 92 speed and that's insane for a LB.
61 Overall K John Potter - He has 96 Kick power so if you're accurate, he takes care of the rest.

Good luck and just keep grinding the solos. The rewards will come, I promise.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:38 PM   #4
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4

I am grinding for MUT Loyalty collectibles and using Corey Grant, rb for Jax. He's a bronze player but he's a beast, 96 speed. Grab him if you can find him. Great starter sleeper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2016, 12:28 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

If you fail a solo challenge there's no way to restart it without spending a minute or two going back to solo menu? Seems silly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team »