Home

Has anyone else been playing M12 lately?

This is a discussion on Has anyone else been playing M12 lately? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-09-2021, 05:43 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Has anyone else been playing M12 lately?

Last Summer, I was inspired by some of Mr. Hurricane's streams to revisit some older Madden games. One of the ones I played for the first time in a good while was Madden NFL 12.

Back when it was the most current game, I sunk a ton of time into M12. To date, that game marks the deepest I've ever gone into a Franchise and it held my attention for multiple calendar years (I didn't purchase another Madden game until the Xbox 360 version of M15).

As I revisited M12, I was a bit worried that it wouldn't live up to how I remembered it. And while there are aspects of the game that haven't aged particularly well (player movement was greatly improved with the Infinity Engine games and the super-jump LB's still live in infamy), I found gameplay to still be fun and engaging overall, especially with the game speed slowed down a bit. Though I'm sure I'll have to tweak some sliders, I enjoyed the challenge the CPU was able to give me on default on All-pro.

While Franchise is missing some essentials features that have been added in recent years (practice squads, the out-of-town score ticker, not having to make any pre-season cuts until after the fourth game, etc.), it's a still a deep, engaging mode. Not to mention one that includes features we're still asking for the return of (coordinators, a more straightforward way to control 32 teams, editable coaching tendencies, etc.) and features that were just reintroduced to the game (proper stat-tracking on player cards).

Presentation is one area that I have little nostalgia for, though. My God, the Johnson/Collinsworth commentary is atrocious lol.

So, for the past few months, I've been spending a lot of time messing around with gameplay and editing rosters to reflect that year's preseason (I used the pre-lockout, on-disc rosters to start my original Franchise back in the day). As a 49ers fan, I'm anxious for the opportunity to recreate that magical 2011 season, and rewrite the history of the Harbaugh era.

Has anyone else been spending time with M12 as of late?
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2021, 08:31 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Has anyone else been playing M12 lately?

Bro it's 2021
Old 01-09-2021, 09:01 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rllog2323
Bro it's 2021

Then what are you doing in the Last Gen part of the forum?

Old 01-10-2021, 01:05 AM   #4
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcandlestickpark
Last Summer, I was inspired by some of Mr. Hurricane's streams to revisit some older Madden games. One of the ones I played for the first time in a good while was Madden NFL 12.

Back when it was the most current game, I sunk a ton of time into M12. To date, that game marks the deepest I've ever gone into a Franchise and it held my attention for multiple calendar years (I didn't purchase another Madden game until the Xbox 360 version of M15).

As I revisited M12, I was a bit worried that it wouldn't live up to how I remembered it. And while there are aspects of the game that haven't aged particularly well (player movement was greatly improved with the Infinity Engine games and the super-jump LB's still live in infamy), I found gameplay to still be fun and engaging overall, especially with the game speed slowed down a bit. Though I'm sure I'll have to tweak some sliders, I enjoyed the challenge the CPU was able to give me on default on All-pro.

While Franchise is missing some essentials features that have been added in recent years (practice squads, the out-of-town score ticker, not having to make any pre-season cuts until after the fourth game, etc.), it's a still a deep, engaging mode. Not to mention one that includes features we're still asking for the return of (coordinators, a more straightforward way to control 32 teams, editable coaching tendencies, etc.) and features that were just reintroduced to the game (proper stat-tracking on player cards).

Presentation is one area that I have little nostalgia for, though. My God, the Johnson/Collinsworth commentary is atrocious lol.

So, for the past few months, I've been spending a lot of time messing around with gameplay and editing rosters to reflect that year's preseason (I used the pre-lockout, on-disc rosters to start my original Franchise back in the day). As a 49ers fan, I'm anxious for the opportunity to recreate that magical 2011 season, and rewrite the history of the Harbaugh era.

Has anyone else been spending time with M12 as of late?
Me personally no, I have been playing Madden 07 with my 2002 franchise file.

I went 4 and 12 my first year and now in season 2 3 and 0 about to face those nasty Patriots with Tom Brady.

In my own opinion, PS2 Maddens are still the standards for actual football games.

I say enjoy what you like and have fun, cause that's always the most important thing.
Old 01-21-2021, 12:09 AM   #5
Just started!

I love madden 12 for the ps3/360. Basically has all the features you'd want for a solid franchise mode. Recently, I've been wanting to create my own team like hurricane did with Austin Venom. Unfortunately, when I go to edit my uniforms for the created team the game glitches out and freezes on my rpcs3 emulator. If anyone knows of an easy fix for that it'd be greatly appreciated. But yeah Madden 12 I had so much fun playing in eighth grade and even now I enjoy it for sure. Games aren't made like they used to be for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2021, 07:54 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pytka456
I love madden 12 for the ps3/360. Basically has all the features you'd want for a solid franchise mode. Recently, I've been wanting to create my own team like hurricane did with Austin Venom. Unfortunately, when I go to edit my uniforms for the created team the game glitches out and freezes on my rpcs3 emulator. If anyone knows of an easy fix for that it'd be greatly appreciated. But yeah Madden 12 I had so much fun playing in eighth grade and even now I enjoy it for sure. Games aren't made like they used to be for sure.
Haha, I also associate M12 with 8th grade! Nice coincidence.

I'm not one of those people that hates modern Madden or anything, but I do enjoy revisiting older games that hold up well and do certain things better than the current versions. M16 is another one that I revisit every now and then for the gameplay and CBS-style presentation.

I never really dabbled with Create-A-Team back in the day, but I can see why a goof chunk of the community really wants it to return. Maybe it would work better on original hardware instead of an emulator?

Old 06-08-2021, 07:00 PM   #7
Rookie

It's crazy that it'll be 10 years that I've been playing this game on the 360. I've gone from poor and barely having a dime. But, I always kept a 360 & with Madden. To finally having a decent and consistent job, married with a newboard...a 360 with Madden 12 along with a PS5 & Xbox One. Madden 12 is still the only thing I play. Still updating rosters to this day. Went from Jay Cutler to Trubisky to Foles to Justin Fields.
Old 06-26-2021, 06:29 AM   #8
Rookie

Only Madden game I still play is M12. It was the last game made before EA decided to steer the franchise into online play, which I personally have never been much of a fan of. M12 is also highly customizable with the DB and roster editors, unlike recent versions, which opens up a host of possibilities.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »